Thread: New Coach
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2014, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Btw where did you read he is getting paid 35K? If we could afford so much we could have gotten Gary Kirsten. BCB is in no position to afford such high wages. Kirsten, Fletcher, Lehmann and now probably the new England coach can only earn that much.

Different sources say different things, but i bet his compensation is less than 20K (Including all benefits). This article claims he is given a base salary of 12.5K. All other perks also seem less than past coaches. (http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/...s-best-buy-far)

Too early to expect improvement. But if ur a half full person you would notice the fielding is a bit better. We werent dropping catches like we did in Asia Cup etc. Batsmen are also trying to spend more time at the crease (Of course not in the second ODI). Tamim for example was clueless in every match played this year, but he has shown a lot more focus. We might be pinning all credit in bowling improvement to Streak, but i am sure Streak is not working on bowlers alone. Regarding team selection i am sure there are more individuals to blame than just the coach. I bet the captain, Habibul Bashar also has significant influence. Mushfiq particularly is known to have firm stubborn opinions on final eleven selection. Unlike soccer, coaches dont have authority to pick the final eleven in cricket.

Still think there is a long way to go before we can start judging Hathurusingha. This team has played without direction, discipline, method for quite a while. Getting them back in process, back in shape, back in form will take time. But if the results are like this a year down the line all the criticism will be justified!