View Single Post
Old January 24, 2005, 10:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Blah
Fazal read the topic of your post. You clearly suggested money was the only reason for his decision, but later contradict yourself by suggesting that it might have been a team decision.
While you dont consider the fact that bashar risks getting banned for several match for slow run-rate. The matter of fact is we didn't loose the game because of that.

However, my 'bunk-hole' comment was meant for the guy who suggested bashar should be sacked.

Bahsar is not only the most successfull batsmen in the team but also the most successfull captain. If we accelerate our over speed by playing less obvious bowlers at the cost of ensuring bashars chances of playing the next game, so be it.

Blah
Fair enough explaination.

But please read my message again. Where did I mention that money was the ONLY reason for his decision? I think money played a major part (as it will do most of the people) not necessarily the 'ONLY' reason.

As you pointed out that it may be the team's decision, I agreed with you that team may discussed that issue, but I think Bashar over compensated what the team asked him to do thereby finishing 50 over 23 mins ahead of time. Therefore I don't see contradicting myself, rather acknowledging the fact that not only Basher, but the team have some role. But the fact remains, Bashar was responsible to execute the plan and he failed to do so effectively.

Regarding 'bunk-hole’ comment, I think you agree with me that regardless who whom it was intended for (me or some one else in the board), these kind of name calling are uncalled and un-welcome and does not follow the message board rules. People have their own logic and their own opinion about different issues. We can either agree with them or disagree with them. We can add our own point of view supporting it or disapproving it. When we disagree, agree to disagree respectfully. There is no need to try to demean another member with the qualifier like 'dump idea', bunk-hole comment’, 'stupid idea' or etc. etc. Because it doesn't bring any thing good to the table rather exposing our own shortcoming about how to cope with people who have different point of view than ours.

Its not only you Blah, actually I have seen this kind of trend among some of us also in other threads also.

Thanks.