View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
To me all his good works are undone when he comes to bat. He is THE most useless piece of s***t in the BD camp when it comes to bat. His irresponsible batting makes my blood boil and wanna punch him till he cr**s his pants. More often than not he comes in when there's another set batsman or a better batsmen in the field. He plays shots literally with his eyes closed and gets out either LBW, bowled or spoons in the air. He does not value his wicket whatsoever. Funny thing is I have seen him bat quite responsibly a few occasions in the past in test matches I think but his ODI batting is absolutely horrendous.

If you notice, he comes in at very crucial time towards the end when the other batsman could propel our score. All he has to do is block and/or take a single and get the other batsman the strike. But no, his intention is to get out. I literally HATE him for that.
First of all, with our batting line up, he should not need to bat; the top 9 can and more importantly should play out all the overs.

What you get from Razzak as a batsman is a bonus. Yes, he should be a bit more responsible whenever he comes to bat but his main focus is his bowling. As long as he is doing well in that department, we need not complain as it is not his job to go and bat. Meanwhile, I would rather worry about his fielding which has been below par.

That being said, despite averaging 12.2 with the bat in the ODIs, now-a-days he bats more like Chris Martin. But once again, that takes nothing away from his bowling.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]