View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 09:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Lotus Kamal on "Tritio Matra" about BCB's future plans

I was watching Grameen Phone Tritio Matra on Channel i last night as BCB president Mostofa Kamal was invited to discuss about BCB's successes and failures in organising Cricket WC 2011 as a co-host. He was also questioned about Bangladesh cricket team's performance in the tournament and about BCB's future plans to strengthen our overall cricket structure.

While answering the questions Mr. Kamal sincerely admitted that he and his gang in BCB concentrated solely on organising the opening ceremony and the 8 matches of CWC 2011as a co-host since he was appointed as the BCB president 17/18 months back. He also stated that during this period BCB did not prepare or impliment any specific plan to improve and strengthen our overall cricket structure as they wanted to organise the CWC 2011 successfully before concentratng on any reform work of our cricket structure. But he strongly promised that BCB will undertake extensive plans to reform our cricket structure immediately after the WC 2011.

He stated that BCB will work out plans to improve many areas including the following:-

1. Decentralization of cricket
2. Creating a strong first class structure
3. Concentrating extensively on school and age group level cricket
4. Improving cricketing infrastructure and constructing a world class cricket facilty in Cox's Bazar
5. Ensuring highly effective operation of GP-BCB cricket academy
6. Strengthening the natonal age group teams and "A" team to ensure a strong pipeline

Well.......though I have found Mr. Kamal to be a big mouth so far, I am counting on him one more time to see what he does for our cricket.

Like millions of people of Bangladesh I madly love our cricket and so I will keep dreaming about a very strong and respectable BD cricket team till the very last moment of my life.

Lets see if Mr. Kamal can transform his words into actions.