Thread: BPL Corruption
View Single Post
Old August 16, 2013, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
if M.Rubel is do involved then i'll have to ask whats wrong with this guy?, i mean first the ICL and now this

you know i always wondered why this guy wasn't given a chance in the national team after the ICL saga despite good showing, i always thought its because of the ICL and disagreed with this statement but now i know the real reason. he is just one bag full of ****
There was nothing wrong about wanting to play in ICL. Everyone knows that if the Indian Cricket Board was okay with it, BCB would reward players for joining ICL instead of banning them. And even besides that, a cricketer has the right to ply their trade in a team which is most profitable to them.

About not being included in the national team after ICL, has it occurred to you that this might be the reason for him trying to get extra cash on the side? Because national team selection not only means more salary but more fame as well, from which other streams of income can be generated. So there is two ways of looking at it, rather than saying they didn't select him because they knew something was wrong with him, it maybe that he went wayward because they didn't select him.

Btw, he was a good bowler, and should have gotten more matches. But that's a moot point now, I'm in favor of a lifetime ban for match fixers.