View Single Post
Old September 7, 2008, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well let's see, for the moment give junaid a few consecutive matches because he didn't get that in his first few matches. if then junaid fails then we have to look at the options of national discards or A team players which basically means there's aftab, rahim, nafis iqbal and imrul still yet to be trialed.

we already know how nazimuddin, JO, SN and mehrab will go and although junaid should get a few more matches we have a reasonable idea how he'll go as well unless he pulls something out of a hat. out of the bunch that has been tried already SN is probably still looking like the best option. out of the options not already tried aftab and probably imrul are looking like the best options. but imrul hasn't been doing that well on these A tours and academy tours so it has to put some doubt in your mind as to whether he's even worth trying.

at this point i think the plan should be to give junaid maybe 4 or 5 more matches (consecutively) and if he doesn't work out give aftab ago, if then aftab doesn't work out i'd probably just go with SN becuase i don't think rahim or NI will really be the answer and imrul most likely needs more time. it really can't be helping tamim or the rest of the team that the opening partnership keeps on chopping and changing, team needs some stability.

I agree with this assessment.