View Single Post
Old April 29, 2012, 09:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireza
It is my take that Wassim Akram is the man who is not allowing Sakib to be in playing eleven because of suspended tour of Pakistani. It is Wassim akram who managed a job for Whatmore in Pakistan and also Wassim has good relationship with SKR therefore he is trying to put more pressure as much as possible on BCB and the Bangladeshi fans to visit Pakistan, then only will be possible for Sakib to be in KKR playing eleven.
really? I am not so sure about that..... The few matches Shakib did play, I saw him sitting in the dugout next to Wasim most of the time. I also saw him talking to and sharing jokes with Wasim. Plus, I have my doubts about WA's relationship with PCB, as well as how patriotic he is (he speaks openly about his grudge against many things in Pakistan).

in any case, that is an interesting point of view. the question is why Shakib is being neglected...... be it SRK, Ghambir, WA or other folks at KKR management, something somewhere is going wrong, and Shakib should get another IPL team next year (if he still wants to play IPL).

let's take the positive though; BCB hasn't been able to arrange any international matches before the t20 worldcup. so, shakib (& Tamim) are getting their much needed practice at the nets of IPL, as well as getting to know the key t20 performers of each team..... i hope we could arrange some practice for other players as well....