Thread: All About PS3!
View Single Post
Old April 4, 2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Lost all my respect for Sony. Latest update released on April 1 stops "Other OS" feature in all PS3 models. Apparently, this is in response to a Hypervisor hack(dump) that was released few weeks ago.

Lot of research facilities and govt. orgs have paid good money to get parallel ps3 executions (super computer). I wonder how they would react.

Its like someone sold you a chair; and few months later decided to take away couple of legs. Personally, I do use the Other OS linux from time to time. It is a crippled linux, no doubt, but it is a feature that I don't want to part with. Initially, Sony marketed the linux running feature as one of its top selling point (I think its on the box label also).

If you have a security leak in hypervisor; fix it. Why kill other os? With same analogy, I guess, if you have brain tumor, you are going to cut off your head!

I paid $400 for my PS3. Now that Sony decided to cripple half of its existence; do I get my $200 back? I want my $200 back.

Sony sucks!
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.