View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That's all I heard. Buncha sissy talk. He is playing in a 3rd class domestic league as a Test playing captain, over 6-7 years of INT experience including 5 WC, against bunch of no name spinners. Batting at #3 and batting at #5 shouldn't really make that much of a difference under those circumstances. He failed in the last 2 matches, simple.

And Equ, please don't start anther player v player thing. I'm already tired of Ash v Shak, we don't need another Rahim v Shak thing. Also it really bothers me when I consistently see fans justify their boii's failures with other players' failures.
I didn't dispute the fact that he failed in the last 2 matches. I just challenged the claim that he deserves to be dropped over two low scores given that he got a match-winning 50 just the game before and also pointed out the difference in reactions when there are different players involved. It was certainly not a player v player thing. Even though you may think he failed, in relative terms he has done better than most of the other NN foreign recruits (see Birt, Shehzad). Heck, even Mathews who has constantly promoted himself over Mushy has a lower Avg. and SR in the tournament and no 50s to his name.

Also it really bothers me when posters such as yourself and a couple of others lurk around desperately waiting for opportunities to pounce on certain players when they fail (but are nowhere to be seen when they score runs) because of petty issues you may have with them ie. how they look, how they style their hair.