View Single Post
Old February 5, 2010, 07:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I think plain and simple we just need our national team players to go and play their domestic cricket in England or Australia..Why doesn't BCB hire agents for these national teamers and make them play in England or Australia? I believe this would give them a lot more exposure for the batsmen and the bowlers..For example Shakib Al Hasan signed with Worcestershire..this is a really good move for him and I am interested in seeing how much he improves..the county sides he will be playing are going to be a lot better competition then the ones he faces in the NCL..Also they have good coaches over there so he can get extra tips on his batting and bowling..there was an article of Habibul Basher from our very own Miraz bhai which I believe was a very piece on how Bangladesh can move forward..http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/con...ry/344662.html

The problem with the Bangladeshi players is that they have raw talent which is the reason why you see in spurts they can play really well..unfortunately in any sport just playing well in spurts is simply not good enough to win..sure you can be competitive but you cannot necessarily compete to win..that's what Bangladesh has to work on if they want to get better..again the domestic scene is where there has to be blame..because the players can play in spurts against teams in the NCL and get away with it but against teams like india, sri lanka, and new zealand that is not good enough..