View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

My overall feeling is not happy about the team selection.

Let me start by positives.
1. Having the courage to drop Ash for this series.
2. Bringing Shohag in the 14.

Now negatives.
1. Bringing Abul to play test matches. He has played only 6 FC matches and didn't show any promise in longer version. I am afraid Gayle and company may just slaughter him. This could be the end of a promising bowler.

2. Weakest possible pace attack. We all know Shahadat. Majority of his international wickets came from short deliveries. I don't think he would be able to be much successful against this WI team by using that weapon. Rubel is a good bowler by BD standard. But he may need time to come back to rhythm and probably not 100% fit yet. The less said about Abul the better.

3. Keeping Riyad in the side. Some people might disagree with me about this point. Riyad is a negative mindset player and not in good form right at the moment. He has better average than most of the BD players in test. But almost none of them came under pressure time. I am afraid Nasir might have to sit down to give Riyad a place in the team.

4. At least 1 young batsman should be there. Our batting lineup still has big holes. Home series is the best option to try new batsmen.

Last edited by WarWolf; November 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM..