View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 09:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Win or lose... I like this type of selection... risky but bold and brave....giving chance to some of the young players.

In this approach, every new player doesn't need to be successful.... if you find just one young player who shows potential and reminds you about young Sakib, Mashrafee or Tamim (talent wise) for every 2 series...and identify who has it (i.e. excel under presssure regardless of talent), that will take us further than investing on older players with known cronic desease.
best chance for young players is for them to debut at home in conditions and pitches they are use to, if anamul and mominul don't debut in this series they'll probably end up doing it away from home in foreign conditions which really isn't the best way to debut them really.

but at least gazi is there, we need some different options for spinner other than SLAs all the time so i really hope he gets a run in this series and i hope he can do well. i hope abul can do well also but going by his domestic and international records to-date i'm not expecting much. what's scary is that shahadat is the experienced pacer he's the one that rubel and abul will be going to advice for things.