View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 10:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Default The future batting order

There are a lot of young players starting to come through now. BD's main problem atm in batting strength is the top 3 positions. mominul is beginning to be groomed as a #3 but was originally a middle order bat, anamul is being groomed as an opener/#3. now i think in the more recent future we could be looking at anamul as opener and mominul the #3 but as SS develops we could well see him as the long term 2nd opener with anamul slotted in as the long term #3 and mominul batting in the middle order (probably #4) with shakib remaining at #5 then nasir/mushy taking the next two spots.

but we also have naeem looking like a good FC middle order bat and shuvagata has been good so far and if continues he'll surely be pushing for higher honours. tasamul is also coming through and we can't forget asif ahmed.

there is a lot more competition now for batting spots in the national team, not just middle order (shakib, nasir, riyad, mushy, naeem, shuvagata, tasamul) but top 3 with nazim, imrul, SN, junaid, jahurul, anamul, asif, SS, mominul. what's good now is that players are becoming a lot more consistent domestically so that's going to force whoever does get selected for national colours to work hard and perform otherwise they'll be gone and they'll have to work their way back into the team (players aren't giving up their spots as easily now and i think there will be an upward trend in that).

i think where the batting is now weak in the top 3 in a few years time it could be a strength, i think anamul, asif and SS will push each other to be better and better to the point where the top 3 will be very strong and as it is now the middle order is already pretty strong and the competition is continuing to get stiffer.

all in all i think there are really good signs that BD's batting is improving and will continue to improve and become quite strong.