Thread: Your WC Squad
View Single Post
Old February 10, 2007, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Your WC Squad

OK, time to give your final verdict.

My team: Changes I want to see from the squad in Zimbabwe tour-

Rasel in place of Sharif: Sharif seems to have too many injury problems- the main reason he could not be tested well in Zimbabwe. I suspect he is not fit enough to come back in international stage. The selectors should play safe and bring Rasel back.

Farhad in place of Tushar: I know the selectors need to break the cycle of dropping Tushar after every match he playes, but Tushar also needs to stop choking himself in every opportunity he gets.

Also Mushfiq's promotion in the batting order means we need a more attaking batsman for #7 slot, who preferably will also contribute with ball- Reza fits the description well.

Rajin and Rokon in places of Mehrab and Tamim: Mehrab seems to be far away from an ideal ODI opener. For Tamim, it is unfair to drop him only after two matches, but the kid has not done anything to prove that he is ready to face big teams. Rajin, I believe, is an auto choice in place of Mehrab. Rokon will be kind of a gamble, but, from the combination of his current form and past experience, I think he is a safer gamble than Tamim is.

So my team is-

SN
Rokon
Aftab
Mushfiq
Bashar
Sakib
Farhad
Mashrafe
Rafique
Razzak
Shahadat

Reserves:
Rajin
Ashraful
Tapash
Rasel

Yeah, I am keeping Ashraful, we don't have any credible replacement for him at this point.

Last edited by TheWatcher; February 10, 2007 at 02:00 PM..