View Single Post
Old October 8, 2017, 10:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Hmm... at least this series doesn't match with your reasoning. Young players are supposed to be inconsistent and seniors more consistent. Its a realistic expectation, not the problem itself. The problem occurs when senior players becomes inconsistent. And I believe that's what happened here. lets go player by player:

Senior Players:

1. Sakib : Didn't played. So no comment there.
2. Tamim: We missed his performance in 1st TEST. Senior was not performing=1
3. Rahim: He played very poorly (as a batsman) based on his own standard.Senior was not performing=2
4. Riyad: He played more or less poorly. Senior was not performing=3
5. Imrul: His performance was nothing to be proud of as a senior player. Senior was not performing=4.

We sucked big time because none of our seniors performed. We invested soo many years on them, by this time they should be experienced and consistent on their performance because consistency comes with experience and practice (under high quality coach). And in this series the whole group of senior players are 'kupokath' ... none of them give a fight or took the leadership of leading the young.

So in my humble opinion, inconsistency of new players are not the problem, inconsistency of senior players are the root cause of the problem.

I don't really disagree with you. I only considered Mushfique, Tamim, and Shakib as seniors in the test squad. Mahmudullah would not have been in the squad if Shakib did not take off. Imrul's position in the team was not guaranteed either and the team management doesn't seem to know what position he belongs to. But I am disappointed in him.

We got away because seniors were contributing for a while. In this series the seniors didn't contribute and not a single youngsters or players like Mominul and Imrul could show that they have it in them.