View Single Post
Old November 21, 2003, 11:56 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Why do you say there is an optical RGB detector in Hubble when there is none? Why are bent on bending the truth?

Here's what happened when they were producing your famous pic. First they took an x-ray pic from Chandra observatory of the nebula. (This is the pic on the left of yourpost) Now I don't know about you, but X-rays don't have orange color. WE CAN'T EVEN SEE X-RAYS! They ADDED that color so that we can get a FEEL for what's happening.

And then they took two images from hubble, which were initially BLACK-and- WHITE images ALREADY color-doctored with red and green.
Before you accuse someone of bending the truth please analyze the material. If you have read the Dying Star article you would have known the following:
This color picture, taken with the Wide Field Planetary Camera-2, is a
composite of three images taken at different wavelengths. (red,
hydrogen-alpha; blue, neutral oxygen, 6300 angstroms; green, ionized
nitrogen, 6584 angstroms).

Even the Hubble Site explains RGB detection with different wavelenght detectors. http://hubblesite.org/sci.d.tech/beh...olor/rgb.shtml

Quote:
Dude, a red giant isn't RED, what part of the following did you not understand?
Quote:
That's because the star's light would overwhelm the color-sensing cones in your eyes.
Dude, no one will be alive to see sun's red giant. Earth will burn up long before red giant engulfs earth. Residents of earth may only see the initial stage (beginning process) of the red giant and that will appear as red/rosy.

Quote:
Here's what happened when they were producing your famous pic. First they took an x-ray pic from Chandra observatory of the nebula. (This is the pic on the left of yourpost) Now I don't know about you, but X-rays don't have orange color. WE CAN'T EVEN SEE X-RAYS! They ADDED that color so that we can get a FEEL for what's happening.
Please don't make up a story to justify your logic. No one is stupid here. We know we don't see X-Ray. I mentioned the orange to let you know that it was created color. X-Ray isn't orange. This was to show constrast with the cat's eye's color which was generated from 3 (RGB) wavelength detectors.

Quote:
And you know what's funny? The example of this art of color doctoring they give us is none other than your cat's eye nebula. haha!
And you think I didn't see that? I knew you were going to say this. Just shows how quick you were to write up an answer without giving any thought. Please read the caption under that cat's eye picture:
Quote:
From Hubble Site

Enhanced Color
Enhancing the visible colors in an image often brings out an object's subtle structural detail.
They are just saying that they enhance picture's color. That doesn't mean that the picture was black and white. It just means the colors were weak and they enhanced it, to make to more distinct.

Jumping into conclusion too soon is a big mistake for everything in life. Let it soak...

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by nasif]