View Single Post
Old June 30, 2009, 09:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
well they don't have much of a choice...muhammad talha and sohail khan, both nearly as quick as aamer if not just as pacy, make shaun tait look accomplished. asif is still suspended, and the less said of akhtar the better. gul cannot carry the load all by himself, especially on pancake SC pitches. methinks, razzak, gul, aamer will shoulder the pace attack with perhaps rauf being a 4th seamer who will turn his arm over for 10 overs or so. kaneria better get in form, cuz with afridi out, there ain't no other spinner in the side.

on the other hand, i can't wait to see this new AAG attack of Asif, Aamir, and Gul. should be good times.

i don't any big name bowler has every come onto the scene at such a young age. wasim, waqar, mortaza were all 18 when they debuted. wonder how old the windies greats and mcgrath were when they got their test caps...
on other forums people have said they want muhammad talha in the team, not sure how good he is though. the main concern for aamer would be putting too much pressure on his young and still maturing body, i guess he's not bad mentally because he had been performing very well domestically before his national call up and did a good job in the 20/20 WC. btw, lots of us are looking forward to the AAG attack.

also malinga apparently isn't in the Sri Lankan squad, is this right? if so why?