View Single Post
Old March 27, 2011, 05:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I guess the logic is the same as those of the so called fans whose knee jerks quite frequently. One over and either the coach or player is put on pedestal to be either garlanded or stoned. They have very short-term blinkered views - they do not see the mid- to long-term picture of either improvements (in many cases) or deterioration (in some other cases).
Excellent assessment, eloquently stated.

I am disappointed to see Ian go if it is true, this is just speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if he was scared by what he saw on the forum-i'm not talking about tactics he didn't agree with or wasim akram being the coach etc-we are just fans and as an experienced coach of course there would be issues in which there would be diferences as he sees from the eyes of a coach and we see only what is shown in the media.

You can't expect instant success in 6 months. BD is too young a test nation also to have produced former players who have a sufficient grasp of the game in terms of the technicalities. Former players did their bit for the country as players in terms of effort but regarding the talent aspect and coaching I don't think they're of international standard. I wonder who the BCB may be thinking of now. Whatever allah does is for the best. Hope we get an even better coach.

Last edited by mar umpire; March 27, 2011 at 05:27 AM..