View Single Post
Old November 23, 2008, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
A few notes notes that I have taken from my observation:
-SN should definetely not open; we have to take advantage of the PowerPlay and therefore Aftab should open with Nazim.
I have to disagree. SN was doing what he was supposed to - rotate the strike and let Nazim and Aftab have a go. In fact I was very pleased with the way he was going - we need a level-headed bloke out there among all those mindless hitters.

Quote:
-Korim should be dropped, Shishir hasn't had a single opportunity and deserves to be tried out.
Karim's not a batsman of any sort. He needs to be benched.

Quote:
-Bashar should come in at 7 or 8; Dhiman and Shishir at 5 and 6
I wouldn't mind having SN as the captain actually. Bashar can be coach or something.

Quote:
-Shorif should be dropped; bring Monju back and then if he fails try Forhad again.
Well, they're all losers.

Just a couple of more runs from the middle order and we would have won this. 168 is probably the easiest that it gets against teams like this.

The point to note here is that we hardly have a batsman who can keep up the hitting for a good period of time (except for Alok and to some extent Nafees). Nazim and Aftab look great when they get going, but throw one in from the back of the hand to them and they will fall for the bait: they hardly think about their game. Aftab got out to a shot that had almost cost him his wicket a couple of overs before Nixon stumped him (or caught him - I think the umpire gave him out caught behind). So essentially Nazim and Aftab are the same old nut cases that we used to have in the national team.

The relatively small margin of the loss just goes to show that had our middle order been a bit patient, we would have won this game. Nafees was caught in two minds, Alok went against his reputation for settling down before going for the big ones and tried something too extravagant too early in his inning, Karim's a loser and Bashar was just being Bashar. Things would have been a lot easier near the end had we concentrated on preserving wickets and building partnerships.

It gets tough now - losing to India would be inexcusable but it is Pakistan that worries me the most.