Thread: Second Opener?
View Single Post
Old March 18, 2012, 12:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I have seen nazim's footwork and don't have a problem with it. It's easy to see he is more comfortable on the backfoot. There is nothing wrong with not having an extravagent forward movement and most predominantly backfoot players don't have that. Nazim will be strong in horizontal bat shots and less so on the drive. I liked how he played the spinners off the backfoot and cut/pulled fast bowlers. He has a double century if i am not mistaken in the first class competition and played very well in the test match against pakistan. To me he has potential in all formats and with only nine odi games you can't judge a player.
I think many players (shehwag coming in my mind) has already proven you dont need amazing footwork to succeed in international cricket. My only glitch is that often he looks off balanced playing backfoot, especially the short length good length deliveries. To those batsmen who dont move their feet well, its a question of maneuvering balance. But yes I am all up for giving him fair chances before jumping into any conclusion.