View Single Post
Old September 22, 2012, 10:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I've never gone with the Iranians hate the world and want to destroy everything line that EVERYONE wants us to believe, and have an immense respect for the country, and I have some Iranian friends - religious and not, but all are very generous people.

I've been lucky to receive their hospitality and WOW. My father visited Iran 8-9 times, and always spoke about it very positively.

I know they are an Islamic State, but Saudi Arabia claims to be the same(well aside from being a Kingdom ) but compare and contrast. Educated youth, hard working and ambitious.

So like you say, this looks like a case of political pragmatism but in the long term the Iranian state will suffer.
Agree to what you said. I had the opportunity to mix very closely with Iranians. I have seen so many Europeans speak so high of Iran. IMO, they are the most progressive amongst the Muslims, specially in education they are way ahead of the rest of the Muslims.

I can understand why they decided so, at the cost of their future. I'm sure it's a temporary action, although it will take its toll in future. They are really being invaded in multiple directions. They consider women gives an easy access to foreign elements with malicious intent. But I don't think this is the right way to deter/confront that. Government definitely acts basing on their intelligence findings and the cases must be on the rise, so they decided so. But it's sad and it will harm them in future.

Hope it's just a wartime strategy and they revert to their normal systems in favorable times soon.

It's a bad and sad decision by all means..