View Single Post
Old June 27, 2011, 11:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
I don't understand why people are so afraid of qualifiers. If we are a good team then we should beat any associate anywhere. I don't think that the system of qualifers is unfair.

Picking bottom 2 test teams and not 4 also looks very fair to me. If you see the top 8 teams they are the ones which reached the QF of the world cup. And the ODI ranking has been based on performance of 4 years. A team which has been beating more teams has a better ranking. A team beating less teams has lower ranking. Bottom 2 + 6 Associate is a good prospect.

If the WCQ is held in Scotland as planned earlier I see a real threat to both BD and Zim. Afghans with their seamers, Ire, Scot and Neth due to favorable conditions will have a massive edge over us. People can doubt over it but I strongly feel so.
again we should not be afraid of conditions as we too have bowlers and we should expect our better quality batsman to adapt to the conditions.

we have beaten pak, aus, eng in british conditions before.

and afghans may have some pacers for British conditions, but do they have batsmen for British conditions, they will struggle too.

final word is if ICC decides that the bottom ranked team(s) have to play qualifiers and if we are ranked in the bottom at that time then we have to play qualifiers. now then we have to prove that we deserve to qualify. or we have to up our rankings to prove that we deserve automatic qualification, not through qualifiers.

so lets make our statements in the field ...... not in the papers