View Single Post
Old September 22, 2008, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
the best, the high % of lead in dhaka's air is a known fact. i think i ve read that in several places.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...+lead+air&meta=
I checked the first five and all those are pre 2002 (the latest used data of Feb 2001) before the ban on three wheelers in Dhaka came into affect on ambient air quality. So I stand corrected. Look at this
Quote:
The concentration of Pb in the ambient air of Dhaka has decreased by approximately two-thirds as a result of this measure, leading to considerable savings in the health maintenance cost of its population. The reduction in Pb levels in the ambient air of Dhaka should be reflected in the decrease of Pb levels in human blood in the future.
This is from a 2003 article of Swapan K.Biswas, Solaiman ATarafdar, .Ashraful Islam, Mohammed Khliquzzaman,Heikki Tervahattu, , Kaarle Kupiainen published in Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association