View Single Post
Old October 6, 2012, 12:21 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
And what great work have Ian pont and Julien fountain done since they left? No offense but for all their greatness, Ian pont hasn't even been hired by any test team and Julien fountain hasn't really done anything for Pakistan. Pakistan still has arguable the worst fielding team among all in top 8. Jergunsen and Swift are even worse, we need to hire coaches who have good track record as being coaches of test teams and that shouldnt be a problem (Bcb has enough money).
Yeah very true.

No International team is employing me at the moment, which just proves how bhua I am as a coach. You are absolutely correct.

Dennis Lillee is also a really crappy coach by the same measurement, as is Glenn McGrath, Craig McDermott, Waqar Younis, Wasim Akram, Michael Bevan, Tom Moody, TA Sekar, Darren Lehmann plus hundreds of other coaches like me who have project work, short term contracts and private coaching commitments developing talent elsewhere.

By the same token then David Sekar, Joe Dawes, Mohammed Akram, Ottis Gibson, Champaka Ramanayake are the very FINEST bowling coaches in the world because they hold national posts?

Coaches often apply for roles because they wish to find out how much money is on offer. Others apply to get their name known to those boards whether they get shortlisted or not.

This sort of post above really winds me up as it shows little understanding of what makes a good coach or not.