View Single Post
Old March 11, 2011, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Well, to be honest, I think that when closing out matches during clutch situations, we've been exceptional. This is one aspect of the game where you wouldn't think we would excel too much as playing in the clutch and being good at during close finishes really comes with experience and as of late, we've been playing quite a few of these tight games and more importantly, we've been winning. I think a lot of this credit should be given to our very own Shakib al Hasan as he is as good as can be under pressure. I mean the man looks a different batman, bowler, and most importantly captain when under pressure. But another huge figure in these wins has been our strike bowler, Shafiul Islam, who today added to his match winning performances with a stellar batting performance late in the game. Though there was another game which we did lose in a clutch situation and it took place about a year ago. It was the 2nd ODI in Bangladesh against the Brits when Eoin Morgan singlehandedly took us down I believe by a mighty flourish of strokes late in his innings, ultimately taking over the fresh and new Shafiul Islam.