View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Default Another Sidharth Monga "gem"

We have been getting some mighty fine press from Sidharth Monga - where often solid articles are peppered with examples of what seems to be some sort of a strange anti-Bangladesh bias. It is strange since since he will praise the out of the blue he will throw in a stranger and irrational zinger out of the sky.

HIs latest gem comes from this item: 'Team devastated by performance' - Siddons

All fine and dandy and the article is good for a solid discussion on what Siddon's said in another thread but that is not the intent of my post.

What caught my eye was this paragraph:

Quote:
That defeat was followed by unruly scenes on the streets of Dhaka, and if the officials' version - pretty far-fetched on the face of it - is to be believed, people wanted to attack the Bangladesh team bus but they actually hit the West Indies bus.
The set-aside "pretty far-fetched on the face of" is king of staring at you. You look at it, poke at it and wonder why that needed to be said. I thin most reasonable people who know of the unreasonable people in Bangladesh would know that what was claimed is most likely what transpired and the reverse would have been far-fetched.

I wonder why Monga had to resort to that kind of "reporting".

I normally do not do the "name and shame" on the 'net but this time I felt compelled to do so. I am human after all.