View Single Post
Old March 28, 2013, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I know this sounds weak, but Mahmudullah is still looked upon as wicket taking bowler. Mushy depends on him for breakthroughs,and he did that for his team today, despite failing with the bat.

And as for dropping Zia before Mahmadullah, I don't know. This series makes Zia no.3 in the pacer pecking order imo after Mash and Shafiul. Don't want to say anything about Nazmul because for all we know, he could've flopped too in this series.Needs to stay injury free. And no. 3 in a pacer pecking order is invaluable because Mash himself is injury prone. So who will Shakib replace? I don't know. Depends on the situation I guess.
I understand your point about Mahmudullah as a bowler but with the arrival of Shakib its done and dusted, I mean our bowling department is complete. Lets look at the likely bowling option we will have when Shakib returns ( Mashrafe, Pacer?, Shakib, Gazi, Razzak) do you see the need of Mahmudullah as a bowler anymore? if you wanted an extra batsmen then you could take Ziaur Rahman as the 5th pacer who can bat little.