View Single Post
Old July 11, 2006, 06:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
i thought i read somewhere on BBC that it was something to do with his mother...can't confirm though, since idon't have the link on me right now...but anyways, one would expect a guy like him to hold his cool rather than go head-butting like that. after all, it was the world cup finals, and his last game in international scoccer. you wouldn't expect someone of his background to get caught up in the moment like that.
Here is the news:
Materazzi called Zidane a 'son of terrorist whore': British lip reader
LONDON (AFP) - Italy's Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore" just before the France captain gave him a brutal head-butt in the World Cup final, Britain's top forensic lip reader says.

The Times newspaper hired Jessica Rees, whose skill has seen her summoned as an expert witness at criminal trials, to study a tape of Sunday's match that saw Zidane get a red card for his seemingly spontaneous assault.
"After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane 'the son of a terrorist whore' before adding 'so just f*** off' for good measure," it said.
Materazzi on Monday denied calling Zidane a terrorist, adding that "I don't even know what the word means".
The Daily Mail -- who wrongly described Marseilles native Zidane as "Algeria-born" -- said Tuesday that it too engaged the services of a lip reader, whom it did not identify, who reached exactly the same conclusion as Rees.
The Independent cited lip readers for Brazil's Globo television as concluding that Materazzi had told Zidane that his sister was a "prostitute".