View Single Post
Old July 11, 2006, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
theBest bhai,
If Materazzi gets a life ban then equal offensive language would cleanout most of the european league players. Secondly, to justify your verdict how many life bans should Zidane get for his action? Is there any room for that kind of action in World Cup football or in football period? Zidane is not the victim here.

Shahriyar bhai,
If you had hit Materazzi after the game you would be in the German jail for assult, aggrevated assult, Battery, attempted murder. So Zizu, a cool criminal, knew his boundaries, and what he did, he knowingly did.
Cats eye bhai,
I do not know about the extent of sledging in football, but do know about cricket. Remember McGrath - Sarwan which I think grossly over the line involving sick wife of McGrath. But the Matrazzi comment "if true" make that trivial. It was racist but much worse than Aragones, calling name to some body's mother and sister is the worst kind of verbal attack. If somebody would do that to you and me, probably you and I would do or try to do what Shariyar Bhai mentioned. But as Sydney bhai mentioned half the world was not watching us, so we were allowed to do that and Zidane is not. Zidane's act is unjustifyble but it does not take away the fact what Matrazzi's act should be forgiven. FIFA should act and punish him in such a way that no body dare to that again even in amature game. Otherwise it would be out of hand like Argentina - where ultra rules the club or in Italy and Spain where in some club is run by few extreme right where majority has little say in stadiums.