Thread: New Coach
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2014, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

That problem is there. Body language is not always good. Even when on the verge of defeat many smile as if they have no regrets or dissapointment. Some turn up thinking playing for Bangladesh is like a chore or a job, no passion displayed.

To do well in cricket, you got to be in love with it. Learn abt it all the time, work very hard. One massive difference that i see between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka is our guys are like kindergarden students who need constant spoonfeeding. Why couldnt Gazi learn a thing or two from Saqlain? Why does he need Saqlain around to do well? It amazes me even at the age of 35 Rangana Herath keeps improving, discovering new tricks. Nobody tells Herath how to invent these new deliveries, he will work hard on his own. Why cant Razzak work on his bowling, why doesnt he learn from mistakes made? Even look at Sanga, even at this ripe near retirement age he will spend countless hours in the net perfecting his technqiue. Why does he have to work so hard in the twilight of his career? His place is given, there is very little chance he ll be dropped. But why does he keep working hard as if he needs to earn his place.

Passion and work ethic-two things that really needs to be instilled. Without these two, even Gary Kirsten cant make a difference. But hopefully with Hathurusingha, Streak i hope to see more emphasis on fitness, discipline, work ethic. It will happen, but it ll take time. Key though is for BCB to ensure there is no lapse after these coaches go like they did after every good coach left.