View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Shakib does that... I have seen him coming forward and talking to the bowlers... or sometimes Mushy is asking "moyna upore rakhbo" this sort of thing even during other bowlers spell. But of course Shakib won't be bossy and always come up with his idea, that might make mushy feel intimidated ...Mushy is given the charge and he takes his liberty in field placing and why Shakib will constantly come up with his advice, because if it backfires he will be the one to blame... It's hard to captain a team like BD...but still I would say Mushy is not making the right decision about his bowler changes..
One or two rare occasions don't count. Moreover, when a bowler bowls, captain always asks what kind of field settings bowler would like to have. So, asking Moyna about fielding setting during his bowling is a obvious thing. But, have you watched how Younus khan was signaling bowlers what to bowl for every single delivery ? Younus was even showing the player who was at silly mid-on how to react of every shot and what should be his body balance. Now, that's what i want from every player, not only from Shakib.

To be frank, apart from Shakib, no players seem to have any idea about on going game. Haven't seen any players going to Mushy or Bowlers and talking to him.