View Single Post
Old December 13, 2004, 01:48 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

I liked this one from Billah (posted in the Rajin Saleh thread):

billah
posted on 13-12-2004 at 06:37

James: Remember your sig? He used to play very bravely. He, along with many others in the team, have been thrown in the deep end, where little by little, these guys metamorphed into this. It is true, he no longer plays boldly. I remember his gritty innings, I remember Hannan's brave plays also. Repeated losses have clearly taken a toll on their psyche. If we are not careful nurturing them at young age, the same can happen to Nafis, Aftab and others.

These same guys, when they played local, national leagues, in the least, they had fun. Well, the continuous running, training, flying, media circus, blame game and added with a heavy dose of defeats; this is what produces a Hannan & Rajin & Alok. Their favorite game is no longer fun. Seemingly washed up, at a very young age. Give'em a little break, like we did with Ash, they bounce back nicely. Alok will most likely come back a better alrounder, may be Hannan will also.

Presently, with such limited options, BCB has been riding these young people very hard.