View Single Post
Old January 30, 2013, 11:10 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Ah! I was looking for a tech-savvy BD lawyer for a long time!

I have a question. Does Bangladesh have a centralized platform or database to search all publicly available case files online? If not, is there any government or non-gov. initiative being taken to implement this? I am interested in doing this myself as SaaS platform for lawyers and law enforcers.

I recently had the pleasure to oversee a case being handled by a mid-level lawyer from beginning and I was appalled to learned that they had to search manually to see if an individual/organisation has a case history and they could only do it if they had specific information about that person or specific case numbers. Otherwise you are out of luck. This could mean literally months if not years of delay in cases going forward.

Do you think there is a demand for something like this in BD?
Do you think it will benefit people/legal-system/country?
Do you think it will be relatively easy/difficult to hard-copy access case files so that I can make online database? (I am not talking about only high-court cases).

I know something like this will need significant funds and time, I think I can manage that - I have already outlined the technical implementation on software-side and I think its relatively easy and a lot of it can be automated with OCR and industrial sized scanners. But I am doubtful on how easy it is to actually access 100,000s (if not millions) of case files, without paying a huge fee.

If you can decrease the log-jam of cases from months/years to merely seconds, I think it will help the country move forward.
Hi! I really, really like the point you made but as it's not related to the topic of the thread, I'll PM you my response.