View Single Post
Old October 26, 2008, 12:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I was eagerly following this thread. While talking to one of my friend who is a lecturer of BRAC Uni and also a top musician in BD, he told me the Private Unis. except NSU (where I worked for a semester) accept walk in resumes and offers well for someone with a foreign degree. But this trend is slowly fading out and the job market is getting more and more competitive as the number of degree holders surpassed the minimum requirements for a job. It has become very hard for IT Pros to nail a decent job as the competition is high and in many cases the company would be happy to pay less to squeeze more from an IT Pro graduated from BD.

The another big concern for ex-pats is the age factor. As I am way past my thirty, it would be hard for someone of my age to capture a decent Government job. Also they do not pay anywhere near a private farm will pay. The best bait would be to try the big companies like Beximco or Mobile service providers. For Business graduates the best destination is definitely the banking sector. Unless you have someone in the market who can help and support it can be a tough obnoxious experience for anyone too accustomed to Western life of abundant facilities.

In any case the possible shock from the shift to yourself and family specially the kids might put you on your toes.

Last edited by One World; October 26, 2008 at 12:33 PM..