facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old January 4, 2010, 04:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Match Thread: Bangladesh vs India: Idea Cup, 3rd ODI, Tri-Series at Dhaka (SBNS), January 7th, 2010

Time: TBA

Date: January 7th 2010

Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium

Squads:

Banglacricket Coverage: Tourney home | bulletins | news | schedule/scores | points | articles ...

Chat Room
http://www.banglacricket.com/chat

Dress Reherseal for 2/19/11
Old January 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
Cricket Savant

lol

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 4, 2010, 04:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

BDesh to win !!!!
Old January 4, 2010, 04:45 PM
Cricket Savant

cricman has had enough....

no more frills....let's just pommel'em!

Yay! Go Bangladesh!!!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 4, 2010, 04:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Bimillah. Waiting to see Tamim-Zaheer Clash
Old January 4, 2010, 04:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Bimillah. Waiting to see Tamim-Zaheer Clash

oh yeahhhhhhhhhh
Old January 4, 2010, 04:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Let us remind them WC again....
Old January 4, 2010, 04:50 PM
Banned

is najmul in the squad? i thought he has withdrawn from the squad. how come india has 16 players
Old January 4, 2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I really hope we win this match. It would be really ugly if we fail to register a single win in this tri series.
Old January 4, 2010, 05:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Since We know the Nature of the Wicket and we need as many runs as possible ... I sugesst we roll the dice.

Tamim Iqbal
Naeem Islam
Mohammed Ashraful
Rock (only to be fair to him)
Shakib
Mushy
Riad
Aftab Ahmed
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel
Rajib
Old January 4, 2010, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Since We know the Nature of the Wicket and we need as many runs as possible ... I sugesst we roll the dice.

Tamim Iqbal
Naeem Islam
Mohammed Ashraful
Shakib
Mushy
Riad
Aftab Ahmed
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel
Rajib
My team.
Old January 4, 2010, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:

Tamim Iqbal
Naeem Islam
Mohammed Ashraful
Shakib
Mushy
Riad
Aftab Ahmed
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel
Rajib

i think this should be the line up against india. i prefer aftab and naeem should interchange their position
Old January 4, 2010, 05:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bismillah.
Ind can have 25 players in their team. That has no concern for any boards. The host will only provide lodging and Transportation for 15 players per side. The rest of the extra players expenses for the away teams, are beared by their board.
Old January 4, 2010, 05:29 PM
Cricket Guru

This is a match I'm looking forward to Good Luck Bangladesh
and please, NO SHAFIUL
Old January 4, 2010, 06:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
This is a match I'm looking forward to Good Luck Bangladesh
and please, NO SHAFIUL
At the 1st look I thought u said NO ASHFUL
Old January 4, 2010, 05:36 PM
Cricket Guru

No need to change the team yet, don't chop Shafi off just after his debut match!
Old January 4, 2010, 05:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
No need to change the team yet, don't chop Shafi off just after his debut match!
after his 1st over vs Sewhag there wont be no more Shafi.

Rasel, Rajib, Nazmul came up the right way A Tours vs England, Zimbabwe, U-19's etc.

Rubel and Shafi have come up via the mashrafe way ... except they can't hold his jock strap. Masri was a 145K Beast and has learned to adapt to even be effective at 135.

These 2 idiots all Testosterone no brains, Rajib hits the right spots and gets wickets some how despite his idiocy
Old January 5, 2010, 02:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
after his 1st over vs Sewhag there wont be no more Shafi.

Rasel, Rajib, Nazmul came up the right way A Tours vs England, Zimbabwe, U-19's etc.

Rubel and Shafi have come up via the mashrafe way ... except they can't hold his jock strap. Masri was a 145K Beast and has learned to adapt to even be effective at 135.

These 2 idiots all Testosterone no brains, Rajib hits the right spots and gets wickets some how despite his idiocy
Why we are so intolerant? That was the first game of the boy and he didn't have any experienced partner with him. Why are you guys after the debutant? If we need experience in the pace side then Rubel has to be dropped to give Rasel the spot.
Old January 4, 2010, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

sure. we should play him all 4 matches, so that he can learn some basic and we can lose easily.
Old January 4, 2010, 06:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
sure. we should play him all 4 matches, so that he can learn some basic and we can lose easily.
Well, I guess you will be happier to see old fools doing the job, ie losing matches, instead of taking your chance with the new guy.
Old January 5, 2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
Quote:
Well, I guess you will be happier to see old fools doing the job, ie losing matches, instead of taking your chance with the new guy.
I agree with Eshen bhai. Shafi surely deserves few more chances.
Old January 5, 2010, 08:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Saeed Rasel in place for Shafiul
SN for Imrul
Aftab for Rakibul before it is too late.

Shakib should take a break if he fails to perform in next match.
Old January 6, 2010, 07:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
Saeed Rasel in place for Shafiul
SN for Imrul
Aftab for Rakibul before it is too late.

Shakib should take a break if he fails to perform in next match.
Why replace Raqib with Aftab? So that we get a scoreboard like 0/4? If you watched the game, Raqib didnt throw his wicket away, he got out to a good ball and a stunning catch. He was unlucky, while Aftab will just throw his wicket away. What I love about this new Bangladesh Batting line-up is, they try to fight it out till the end, almost everyone wants to build partnerships. A batsman with an avg of 30+ getting dropped for a batsman who averages 22 just because Raqib did bad in only a single game is insensible to say the least.

While, when Aftab and SN and Kapali were there the Bangladesh team rarely reached scores of 200 or played the full 50 overs, but now thanks to players like Tamim, Mushfique, Raqib, Shaqib, Naeem, Riyad and more responsible batting by Ashraful have made reaching scores of 200+ possible almost consistent. We dont need weak-minded attacking player like Aftab, who are bad at running between the wickets, who doesnt know how to build partnerships and are selfish enough to only care about themselves and not stick to their game plan. This Bangladesh Batting line up shows that almost every batsmen are aware of their roles in the team. I doubt we need some one like Aftab in the team.

IMHO, we dont need to make any changes in our batting line-up, maybe switch Imrul for SN( even that isnt needed really) and we dont need to worry about our spinners, what we need to do is find some good fast bowlers who can keep the runs in check for the first 10 overs. The quality of our present fast-bowling reminds me of the Shanto-Monju era. Its like we had gone back in time, instead of moving forward with our fast-bowlers and their quality

Last edited by dark mage; January 6, 2010 at 07:36 AM..
Old January 6, 2010, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Why replace Raqib with Aftab? So that we get a scoreboard like 0/4? If you watched the game, Raqib didnt throw his wicket away, he got out to a good ball and a stunning catch. He was unlucky, while Aftab will just throw his wicket away. What I love about this new Bangladesh Batting line-up is, they try to fight it out till the end, almost everyone wants to build partnerships. A batsman with an avg of 30+ getting dropped for a batsman who averages 22 just because Raqib did bad in only a single game is insensible to say the least.

While, when Aftab and SN and Kapali were there the Bangladesh team rarely reached scores of 200 or played the full 50 overs, but now thanks to players like Tamim, Mushfique, Raqib, Shaqib, Naeem, Riyad and more responsible batting by Ashraful have made reaching scores of 200+ possible almost consistent. We dont need weak-minded attacking player like Aftab, who are bad at running between the wickets, who doesnt know how to build partnerships and are selfish enough to only care about themselves and not stick to their game plan. This Bangladesh Batting line up shows that almost every batsmen are aware of their roles in the team. I doubt we need some one like Aftab in the team.

IMHO, we dont need to make any changes in our batting line-up, maybe switch Imrul for SN( even that isnt needed really) and we dont need to worry about our spinners, what we need to do is find some good fast bowlers who can keep the runs in check for the first 10 overs. The quality of our present fast-bowling reminds me of the Shanto-Monju era. Its like we had gone back in time, instead of moving forward with our fast-bowlers and their quality
When Aftab plays we have more realistic chance of getting to 300.I really want him to be in the final 11 coz we need to go for the kill i.e score 300 runs if we have to bat first.

Its true that Aftab is not consistent but he still is one of the best and attacking batsman of Bangladesh.We have to rely on him to score big runs against the stronger teams.As you can see it doesnt matter if we score 230+ in a game coz the game has been far more competitive these days where even 300 runs isnt enough to defend.

Last edited by hoodlum; January 6, 2010 at 11:24 AM..
Old January 6, 2010, 02:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
When Aftab plays we have more realistic chance of getting to 300.I really want him to be in the final 11 coz we need to go for the kill i.e score 300 runs if we have to bat first.

Its true that Aftab is not consistent but he still is one of the best and attacking batsman of Bangladesh.We have to rely on him to score big runs against the stronger teams.As you can see it doesnt matter if we score 230+ in a game coz the game has been far more competitive these days where even 300 runs isnt enough to defend.
But with him in the tyeam, we run the risk of bundled out in 180 runs. Infact, I have only seen Aftab play cameos of 30,or35s. If he was that good, his average would have been better. Infact, Raqib's done well against the better teams but not as well against the zimbos. I just dont trust Aftab and never will. Atleast we know Ashraful has the grit to settle down in the wicket and applies himself properly but I have never seen Aftab play with responsibilty, he always plays a qucikfire 30 odd klnock, then throws the wicket away. Tell me, with him in the team, have we ever reached 250+ scores frequently? Forget about reaching scores of 300. If he wants to play, he can play as an opener but not in the place of the only stabilising pillar in our whole trigger-happy batting-line up, prone to self-destruct and collapse on themselves.