facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 3, 2010, 09:03 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,953
Default It this is cricket or bull crap?

1 6 6 4 . 6 Watson scores on Murali with sweeps. The most successful bowler in the history of the game.

Entertainment is one thing but cricket?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 3, 2010, 09:04 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,953

30 sixes and 39 fours in 40 overs? Why do you need bowlers then? Where is the bowling machine and allstar home run derby?

Baseball comic!!
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 3, 2010, 08:48 PM
Ganesh Ganesh is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 11, 2004
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
30 sixes and 39 fours in 40 overs? Why do you need bowlers then? Where is the bowling machine and allstar home run derby?

Baseball comic!!
Someone walked away with excellent figures of 4 overs 17 runs and 2 wickets.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 3, 2010, 10:13 AM
magic boy magic boy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 8, 2009
Posts: 3,934

so cheers girls were also busy during that time.non stop nachanachi.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 3, 2010, 11:40 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
so cheers girls were also busy during that time.non stop nachanachi.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
soon they will found out its dangerous for health do cheerleading in ipl t20.

well fat and stout girls may find it as a good exercise to lose some weight
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 3, 2010, 10:44 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1 6 6 4 . 6 Watson scores on Murali with sweeps. The most successful bowler in the history of the game.

Entertainment is one thing but cricket?
to be fair murali is far from his peak.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 3, 2010, 02:20 PM
_Rafi_'s Avatar
_Rafi_ _Rafi_ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: Livin on fantasy
Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Posts: 4,022

T20 is made for entertainment but this match is overdosed entertainment.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 3, 2010, 02:27 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1 6 6 4 . 6 Watson scores on Murali with sweeps. The most successful bowler in the history of the game.

Entertainment is one thing but cricket?
I don't think thats a fair knock on T20 cricket. It's not like they lengthened the pitch or shortened the boundaries or anything. The only thing it did do is take away Watsons inhibitions. If the situation arose in an ODI game where he didnt have to worry about his wicket and the team needed quick runs, he could have just as easily scored those same runs...
__________________
^True dat^
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 3, 2010, 03:12 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
I don't think thats a fair knock on T20 cricket. It's not like they lengthened the pitch or shortened the boundaries or anything. The only thing it did do is take away Watsons inhibitions. If the situation arose in an ODI game where he didnt have to worry about his wicket and the team needed quick runs, he could have just as easily scored those same runs...
Combination of faltu pitch where bowlers have nothing, I mean NOTHING, smaller boundary of course. A sure win of Bat over the ball.

Cricket is a balance of bat and ball. This is farce.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 3, 2010, 04:07 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Combination of faltu pitch where bowlers have nothing, I mean NOTHING, smaller boundary of course. A sure win of Bat over the ball.

Cricket is a balance of bat and ball. This is farce.
If you actually watched the match, you'd notice that the boundaries were pushed all the way back. You can watch the highlights at http://www.youtube.com/ipl if you'd like. In case you're wondering about the size of the ground itself, its 40000 m^2 (larger than average).

As for the pitch, it clearly had enough on it for Bollinger to record figures of 2-15 (3.75 rpo). Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due. Watson defeated Murali in this particular case, live with it.

Just to head you off as I know no one ever wants to admit theyre wrong, lets just agree to disagree...
__________________
^True dat^
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 3, 2010, 08:54 PM
Ganesh Ganesh is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 11, 2004
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
If you actually watched the match, you'd notice that the boundaries were pushed all the way back. You can watch the highlights at http://www.youtube.com/ipl if you'd like. In case you're wondering about the size of the ground itself, its 40000 m^2 (larger than average).

As for the pitch, it clearly had enough on it for Bollinger to record figures of 2-15 (3.75 rpo). Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due. Watson defeated Murali in this particular case, live with it.

Just to head you off as I know no one ever wants to admit theyre wrong, lets just agree to disagree...
Good point. They prepare the same kind of pitch for one dayers as well. Only constraint here is , that loss of wickets is less of a worry. If you lose 3 wickets in first 10 overs, it is a big problem in one dayers. Arguably one dayers is not pure cricket either. The thing here is, innings building doesn't matter much. One dayers there is pretension of innnings building(just pretension though). Just look at number of times 300+ has been scored in the last 10 and compare with 90s. You will know the difference. T20 is pure limited overs entertainment. Test is like classic. odi is neither here nor there.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 3, 2010, 05:00 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is online now
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,435

@ Farhad come'on seriously? a 56-ball 127 and a 55-ball 94? Doesn't it seem a bit too much? Soon there will be a score of 300 in IPL. This is just getting comical day by day.
__________________
dale
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 3, 2010, 08:59 PM
Ganesh Ganesh is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 11, 2004
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
@ Farhad come'on seriously? a 56-ball 127 and a 55-ball 94? Doesn't it seem a bit too much? Soon there will be a score of 300 in IPL. This is just getting comical day by day.
Actually 56 ball 127 much better than 47 ball 100 which Jayasuriya scored in singapore in 1996 with carom board size grounds against Pakistan in 1996. Those singapore grounds and many wickets in NZ are actually small grounds. Only when someone makes runs in T20s, ground sizes are brought up.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 3, 2010, 07:20 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
@ Farhad come'on seriously? a 56-ball 127 and a 55-ball 94? Doesn't it seem a bit too much? Soon there will be a score of 300 in IPL. This is just getting comical day by day.
I completely agree, actually. The elimination of any real long term strategy in the match kills it. But you cant argue that the batsmen get any direct advantages in the game. Its the same pitch size, same field size, and same field restrictions. As a matter of fact, it can be argued that the field restrictions are actually fewer in T20 than in ODIs. Only 6 overs out of the 20 are powerplay overs (thats 30% of the innings). With ODI's, its 20 out of 50 (40%). Like I said earlier, the only reason we actually see these scores in T20 is because it allows the batsman to play their shots without having to worry too much about the repercussions (i.e. the side being bowled out). Is that a good thing? It depends on who you ask. I dont like it because I'd much rather see a well crafted, planned innings. Others might prefer T20 because its a more "raw" form of cricket thats not so much in the head as it is in pure ability. Kinda like baseball...
__________________
^True dat^
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 3, 2010, 09:38 PM
smashyboy smashyboy is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 321

On the same pitch nobody scored this many in previous matches. It is just that few players were in the zone. Murali was very good up until this time. Watson is in supreme touch. No wonder he smashed Murali to pulp. Hansie Cronje swept Murali 3 consecutive sixes in a Test match. It is the attitude that changes not the pitch. Put Salman butt or Laxman you think they would have done that?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 4, 2010, 09:18 AM
_Rafi_'s Avatar
_Rafi_ _Rafi_ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: Livin on fantasy
Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Posts: 4,022

Today Mahela plays a classy innings for our Tigers_Eye vai. He should be very happy if he watched the knock.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 5, 2010, 01:08 AM
Banglatiger84 Banglatiger84 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 1, 2003
Posts: 2,702

Watson's innings was really good, but that doesnt detract from the fact that IPL is geared much towards batsmen than bowlers. A team is forced to take a number of timeouts, and yet there are strict penalties for slow over rates.
It seems to be geared towards stocky batsmen like Raina, who will hit 4's (and not have to run for singles), and stocky bowlers like Chawla and Warne whose run up will consist of 3 steps so that over rates are fast.

Its all about the player's physique !
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old April 5, 2010, 03:51 PM
smashyboy smashyboy is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Watson's innings was really good, but that doesnt detract from the fact that IPL is geared much towards batsmen than bowlers. A team is forced to take a number of timeouts, and yet there are strict penalties for slow over rates.
It seems to be geared towards stocky batsmen like Raina, who will hit 4's (and not have to run for singles), and stocky bowlers like Chawla and Warne whose run up will consist of 3 steps so that over rates are fast.

Its all about the player's physique !
T20 is for batsmen. Not just IPL. Where do you think Yuvraj hit 6 sixes in one over? T20 is like that. Good bowlers will come out with counter plan.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old April 5, 2010, 09:48 PM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,348

deccan chokers choked big time.

needed 6 from 6 with 3 wickets in hand

managed to lose 3 wickets in 5 balls scoring only 3 runs
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old April 16, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hyro's Avatar
Hyro Hyro is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 22, 2007
Location: Colombo
Favorite Player: Dilshan
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1 6 6 4 . 6 Watson scores on Murali with sweeps. The most successful bowler in the history of the game.

Entertainment is one thing but cricket?
murali is on the verge of retiring.. anyways not comparing murali to Broad in anyway...but didnt Yuvi hit 6 6s in a world cup match ?

thats what T20 is all about...nobody takes T20 seriously...its just entertainment..and IPL is just a product
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket