facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
DaFan DaFan is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 15, 2011
Posts: 19
Default Cricket in Afghanistan has better future than in Bangladesh

Cricket in Afghanistan has better future than inBangladesh


ScoreCard

Plus considering the fact that Afghanistan is a war torn country with hardly any cricket budget and Bangladesh, which has been playing test cricket for 10 year with much better domestic set up; its quite pathetic really. Bangladesh has been a minnow for the past 10 years and will be in the future. Afgan has way better prospects from U-19 than from the losers BD U-19 team.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 26, 2012, 11:36 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,363

Good for them.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
TigerEz TigerEz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: August 31, 2011
Location: HELL
Favorite Player: Indians
Posts: 2,190

Ek matche kichui hoy na!.....haray amader shomman mati miche geche, kintu tar mane na je afghans have better future!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 26, 2012, 11:54 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,335

DaFan, I hear you, and you are almost right. Anything else?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,892

DaFan, PoorFan, BANFAN...it's all a conspiracy, I tell you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 26, 2012, 12:32 PM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096

Looking at the names, they sound like theya re actually Pakistani players ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
F6_Turbo F6_Turbo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 19, 2011
Location: A hospital near you
Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Posts: 2,552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
Looking at the names, they sound like theya re actually Pakistani players ?
I'm sure there will be a couple of players with dubious nationality....but by looking at what names?

ahmadzai
shaidi
najibullah
hasmatullah

all sound like 'afghan' names to me...their photos also reflect this.

Not all of them are going to as funnily named as Abdullah Abdullah

EDIT: Looking at his posts...DaFan only shows up when 'calamity' strikes
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 26, 2012, 12:39 PM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

If everything is based on ONE LOSS, then BANGLADESH has better future than ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, SRI LANKA, NEW ZEALAND AND WEST INDIES because BANGLADESH U-19 Team has beaten all of the above more than once
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 26, 2012, 01:32 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
If everything is based on ONE LOSS, then BANGLADESH has better future than ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, SRI LANKA, NEW ZEALAND AND WEST INDIES because BANGLADESH U-19 Team has beaten all of the above more than once
right..we play with England at under 19 level..anyway for the record we didn't beat india more then once..only once that too by 2 wickets..india is the only u19 team we suck against..10 defeats 1 lone unconvincing victory
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 26, 2012, 12:42 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,363

^Thanks YOU!!!!


Our U19 is the 3rd best in the world and has been for last decade. That's a FACT. one losss against Afghan doesn't mean WE SUCK
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
TigerEz TigerEz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: August 31, 2011
Location: HELL
Favorite Player: Indians
Posts: 2,190

exactly!!!!!!!!!! i gotta copy and paste this!

If everything is based on ONE LOSS, then BANGLADESH has better future than ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, SRI LANKA, NEW ZEALAND AND WEST INDIES because BANGLADESH U-19 Team has beaten all of the above more than once
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 26, 2012, 01:51 PM
Roni_uk's Avatar
Roni_uk Roni_uk is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka, London, Sydney
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Posts: 12,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
...........
wow... beautiful avatar. She certainly changed her make up man recently :P
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
BagherBacha BagherBacha is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 5, 2006
Location: FL
Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir
Posts: 3,263

i checked few players profile, they looked like grown man to me
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
TigerEz TigerEz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: August 31, 2011
Location: HELL
Favorite Player: Indians
Posts: 2,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
wow... beautiful avatar. She certainly changed her make up man recently :P
cough***cough.....leave my gal alone
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Congratulation Afghanistan. I am happy for them. Keep going.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,962

chorom thread
amra ektu ranking wise mainka chipar moddhey asi, ektu unish bish hoilei associate ba onno lower ranked teams gula diya amader aro choto kora hoy.
ekhon jodi Srl ba Pak harto taile eita hoito "upset"
amra harley tokhon shobai bole "eder ke diye kichu hobe ma"

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 26, 2012, 02:40 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

I have a dream that oneday a thread like this will get zero response.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 26, 2012, 03:19 PM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,327

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...es/546697.html

One poor series doesnt mean anything.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old June 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,201

this is probably our worst U19 team in a while...we struggled to beat England at home.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old June 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
Dhakablues's Avatar
Dhakablues Dhakablues is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 25, 2004
Location: EverGreen State, USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Posts: 4,263

Well, keep in mind that couple key players were missing. Especially Anamul Haque, Abul Hasan Raju..

People said the same thing when UAE beat Bangladesh and that UAE has a bright future etc. etc. But the fact of the matter is, if you dont have a consistent pipeline, sponsors, crowd, infrastructure, any game will eventually die off... For instance, take Kenya as an example, reaching the Semis in world cup and then what happend? Unless Afghanistan can get fundings, crowd, cricket brains behind their team, they will have a spike but when the core set of players retires or are out of form, they wont go far.

Bangladesh losing to Afghanistan is a signal to BCB that they can't keep ignoring the youth team and be completely absorbed into the political, financial, international side of cricket,, they have to invest in good U17, U19 programmes, game development and get quality coaches. We let go of Fernando, Carlton, Shawn, De Winter etc. many years ago and never filled those roles and now we are seeting the downslides...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old June 26, 2012, 05:02 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Well, keep in mind that couple key players were missing. Especially Anamul Haque, Abul Hasan Raju..

People said the same thing when UAE beat Bangladesh and that UAE has a bright future etc. etc. But the fact of the matter is, if you dont have a consistent pipeline, sponsors, crowd, infrastructure, any game will eventually die off... For instance, take Kenya as an example, reaching the Semis in world cup and then what happend? Unless Afghanistan can get fundings, crowd, cricket brains behind their team, they will have a spike but when the core set of players retires or are out of form, they wont go far.

Bangladesh losing to Afghanistan is a signal to BCB that they can't keep ignoring the youth team and be completely absorbed into the political, financial, international side of cricket,, they have to invest in good U17, U19 programmes, game development and get quality coaches. We let go of Fernando, Carlton, Shawn, De Winter etc. many years ago and never filled those roles and now we are seeting the downslides...
Afghanistan aren't like Kenya...there is some real popularity of the game there. Its even more popular than in places like Zimbabwe and Ireland, I'd wager. Their only problem is lack of security in their own country. They can't play at home, probably can't even train at home. An all overseas team is an expensive setup. I really hope they get all the assisstance from the ICC and other countries (same with Ireland), cricket needs a few new kids on the block. Afghans are also naturally athletic and I could see a situation where they could be a very very good side in the distant future.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 26, 2012, 05:29 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Afghanistan aren't like Kenya...there is some real popularity of the game there. Its even more popular than in places like Zimbabwe and Ireland, I'd wager. Their only problem is lack of security in their own country. They can't play at home, probably can't even train at home. An all overseas team is an expensive setup. I really hope they get all the assisstance from the ICC and other countries (same with Ireland), cricket needs a few new kids on the block. Afghans are also naturally athletic and I could see a situation where they could be a very very good side in the distant future.
AF you adjust depicting a picture from your mind. Afghans 99% even don't understand cricket as a game and nether play and neither they have any infrastructure whatsoever. Yes in any nation desperate for success at any level will rally and talk about their success in that event. But that hasn't yet reached that stage to call it a popular sports.

Just by the names I can point put with 100% guarantee that about 8 of them are pure Pakistani origin players. Afghan surnames are very distinctly different, with only grey area is Khans... Who can be a Pathan from either side.
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 27, 2012, 12:32 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
AF you adjust depicting a picture from your mind. Afghans 99% even don't understand cricket as a game and nether play and neither they have any infrastructure whatsoever. Yes in any nation desperate for success at any level will rally and talk about their success in that event. But that hasn't yet reached that stage to call it a popular sports.

Just by the names I can point put with 100% guarantee that about 8 of them are pure Pakistani origin players. Afghan surnames are very distinctly different, with only grey area is Khans... Who can be a Pathan from either side.
Most of the player names sound afghan to me...Ahmadzai, Karzai, ___zai! Najibullah, Ahmadullah, Karimullah...etc. Most of them are listed by CI as being born in Afghanistan. Either way a Pathan is a Pathan. What if we found out 200 years ago, Shakib's ancestors were from Kolkata...would that disqualify him from playing for Bangladesh? I don't think we should go out and hire Manoj Tiwari or Ashok Dinda, but if something happened historically a bazillion years ago (before or after Partition), that doesn't matter.

OK, maybe resident Afghans aren't into the sport that much, but neither are resident Kiwis or Zimbabweans or West Indians. I'm not saying Afghanistan deserve Test status right now, but if they had infrastructure and security to host matches they should. Ireland deserve it already or definitely in the next few years.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
rinathq's Avatar
rinathq rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad
Posts: 3,017

If Afghanistan plays cricket without any Pakistani players and Pakistani assistance, you will see that they wont even be competitive against teams like Qatar. Yea they are cruising at the moment but than again, comparing them with Bangladesh's progress? Well Kohli_Sox answered the question...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old June 26, 2012, 07:40 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,386

Some Under-30 team of Afgan beat Under-19 of Bangladesh in a frigging match and all of a sudden we realize that Afgan has a better future than Bangladesh ?

No doubt that Afgans have a bright future if they can play like this and their management supports their team BUT to say their future is better than us based on a match is just awful.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket