facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur Rahim Use Mominul Haque as Part Time bowler?
Yes 13 52.00%
No 3 12.00%
None 1 4.00%
Depending on situation of team! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 5, 2012, 03:12 PM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600
Default Mominul Haque: The SLA Mystery Bowler!

It’s unbelieable that a young guy bowling at a crucial stage turns the ball so much. I am very proud of this guy and believe he will become a very good spinner for Bangladesh. He does need to improve his batting, but if he concentrates on his bowling, we have something special in store. Both Abdur Razzak and Shakib Al Hasan are not big turners of the ball, but watching Mominul turn nearly every ball was pure entertainment for me. In Bangladesh sometimes we fail to identify the real quality of cricketers for example Abul Hasan (Is he really a bowler, he seems to be a batsmen) – If Abul Hasan was guided well; I think we could have seen a brillaint Batsmen. I would be really happy if both Mominul Haque and Abul Hasan become good all-rounders. Today we lost, yes and blame goes to Mushfiqur Rahim, he tends to make these silly mistakes at crucial stages.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 5, 2012, 03:26 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
It’s unbelieable that a young guy bowling at a crucial stage turns the ball so much. I am very proud of this guy and believe he will become a very good spinner for Bangladesh. He does need to improve his batting, but if he concentrates on his bowling, we have something special in store. Both Abdur Razzak and Shakib Al Hasan are not big turners of the ball, but watching Mominul turn nearly every ball was pure entertainment for me. In Bangladesh sometimes we fail to identify the real quality of cricketers for example Abul Hasan (Is he really a bowler, he seems to be a batsmen) – If Abul Hasan was guided well; I think we could have seen a brillaint Batsmen. I would be really happy if both Mominul Haque and Abul Hasan become good all-rounders. Today we lost, yes and blame goes to Mushfiqur Rahim, he tends to make these silly mistakes at crucial stages.
If you followed BD cricket for a long while you should've known that jumping into conclusion within first few games is a carnal sin.....just wait a little.

While we are jumping for Abul being a proper batsmen, few things need to be taken into consideration. He played some handsome shots with batsman like technique but the question is does he have the temperament to play them consistently? Only time can tell and one fluke hundred does not prove it.

Mominul's spin was expected to turn as mush as it did since it was a turning pitch......we were surprised because we haven't seen him bowl before....whether he can shine again time will tell.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 5, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
If you followed BD cricket for a long while you should've known that jumping into conclusion within first few games is a carnal sin.....just wait a little.

While we are jumping for Abul being a proper batsmen, few things need to be taken into consideration. He played some handsome shots with batsman like technique but the question is does he have the temperament to play them consistently? Only time can tell and one fluke hundred does not prove it.

Mominul's spin was expected to turn as mush as it did since it was a turning pitch......we were surprised because we haven't seen him bowl before....whether he can shine again time will tell.
1) I did not say Abul Hasan is a proper batsmen, I said he could have been if he was guided at under-19 level and concentrated more on his batting.
2) Mominul Haque looks class to me, the way the balls were turning was amazing. I think on pitch that suits spinners mominul should bowl more.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 5, 2012, 03:28 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,885



Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 5, 2012, 06:33 PM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

Although I expect Bangladesh to still clinch this series, when our next International assignment comes up away to Sri Lanka and many more after that, then this is the best Test and ODI line-up so our opposition will find it really tough in 2013:

Test line-up for 2013

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Anamul Haque
03.Mominul Haque
04.Naeem Islam
05.Shakib Al Hasan
06.Nasir Hossain
07.Mushfiqur Rahim
08.Mahmudullah
09.Sohag Gazi
10.Mashrafe Mortaza/Abul Hasan
11.Rubel Hossain/Nazmul Hossain

ODI line-up for 2013

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Anamul Haque
03.Mominul Haque
04.Shakib Al Hasan
05.Nasir Hossain
06.Mushfiqur Rahim
07.Mahmudullah
08.Mashrafe Mortaza
09.Sohag Gazi
10.Abdur Razzak
11.Rubel/Nazmul/Abul/Shafiul

If we play to our ideal strength in 2013 against Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Ireland and New Zealand, then they will have a serious tough time in winning a series against us at least in ODIs. Mominul with his left armers can be beneficial for us if we use him full-time.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 5, 2012, 07:05 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Although I expect Bangladesh to still clinch this series, when our next International assignment comes up away to Sri Lanka and many more after that, then this is the best Test and ODI line-up so our opposition will find it really tough in 2013:

Test line-up for 2013

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Anamul Haque
03.Mominul Haque
04.Naeem Islam
05.Shakib Al Hasan
06.Nasir Hossain
07.Mushfiqur Rahim
08.Mahmudullah
09.Sohag Gazi
10.Mashrafe Mortaza/Abul Hasan
11.Rubel Hossain/Nazmul Hossain

ODI line-up for 2013

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Anamul Haque
03.Mominul Haque
04.Shakib Al Hasan
05.Nasir Hossain
06.Mushfiqur Rahim
07.Mahmudullah
08.Mashrafe Mortaza
09.Sohag Gazi
10.Abdur Razzak
11.Rubel/Nazmul/Abul/Shafiul

If we play to our ideal strength in 2013 against Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Ireland and New Zealand, then they will have a serious tough time in winning a series against us at least in ODIs. Mominul with his left armers can be beneficial for us if we use him full-time.
concerns: even though shakib is there batting to #8 means we are taking a bowler less than we could and BD need all the bowling firepower they can take in tests. also riyad batting at #7 in ODIs, we need to find a better option and i'd be willing to try shuvagata there since he bowls a bit to.

apart from those concerns i think the teams you posted are spot on.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 5, 2012, 07:01 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

He can be our Shane Warne. Arey leg spin aar left spin to eki dike ghure tai na?
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 5, 2012, 08:02 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,327

Looks like Rifat bro got some serious competition.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 5, 2012, 08:08 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Would love to be proven wrong but I really think its the pitch and not him.
If you remember the U19 WC. We lost to WI in the last over and I think WI scored about 20 runs in that over.... I remember our U19 team was out of regular option so they chose Momin to bowl the final over and he failed miserably....

He hasn't bowled much since...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 5, 2012, 09:13 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Only when the pitch is turning (for now)

And let Mominul bowl more in the domestic to prove himself as a trustworthy bowler.
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 5, 2012, 09:50 PM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Only when the pitch is turning (for now)

And let Mominul bowl more in the domestic to prove himself as a trustworthy bowler.
Ditto. He also bowled a few full tosses yesterday, so let's not take him for more than a part timer.
__________________
Nevermind
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 5, 2012, 10:34 PM
dark mage dark mage is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 22, 2009
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
It’s unbelieable that a young guy bowling at a crucial stage turns the ball so much. I am very proud of this guy and believe he will become a very good spinner for Bangladesh. He does need to improve his batting, but if he concentrates on his bowling, we have something special in store. Both Abdur Razzak and Shakib Al Hasan are not big turners of the ball, but watching Mominul turn nearly every ball was pure entertainment for me. In Bangladesh sometimes we fail to identify the real quality of cricketers for example Abul Hasan (Is he really a bowler, he seems to be a batsmen) – If Abul Hasan was guided well; I think we could have seen a brillaint Batsmen. I would be really happy if both Mominul Haque and Abul Hasan become good all-rounders. Today we lost, yes and blame goes to Mushfiqur Rahim, he tends to make these silly mistakes at crucial stages.
Don't compare Saqib with Razzaq. Saqib can turn the ball if he wants to just like how he was turning the ball in the 2nd innings of the last test. Haven't you seen how big of a turn Saqib got to bowl out Ian Bell in one of the tests? And I think he had a similar dismissal against India in tests. Sqin produced rippers a lot when he was in top form and before he started to neglect his bowling.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 6, 2012, 01:35 AM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub
Posts: 3,313

Emotion wins sometime, anyway i want to see him success in bating then the part time part bowling.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 6, 2012, 01:45 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,262

We need more batsmen, less SLA spinners.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 6, 2012, 05:29 AM
mac's Avatar
mac mac is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 30, 2006
Location: dhaka
Favorite Player: All the Tigers
Posts: 2,630

Mominul is decent with the ball, but let him concentrate on his main strength which is batting. End of discussion.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 6, 2012, 05:32 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Mominul is decent with the ball, but let him concentrate on his main strength which is batting. End of discussion.
....he is valueless without batting....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 6, 2012, 05:53 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,678

if the 4th ODI pitch behaves the same way as the last game... then why not
What people must keep in mind is that the last game pitch offered A LOT of assistance to the spinners. It was turning as much as a 5th day test pitch (minus the uneven bounce). Hence Mominul found turn and was quite effective. On a regular pitch with not much turn, it would be a totally different ball game against the likes of Pollard, Samuels and Gayle
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 6, 2012, 06:34 AM
Nafis 1718's Avatar
Nafis 1718 Nafis 1718 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 21, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib and Tamim
Posts: 611

If groomed he can be a quality bowler.But we need a batsman.Team moddhe ar SLA dorkar nai.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 6, 2012, 09:49 AM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Given the situation, he can be used. But, he has to practice more. His length was bad at times.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 6, 2012, 11:01 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

We shouldn't forget, Mominul's job is to bat only. We have plenty of part timers, no need for another one. He should concentrate just on batting, no need to tweak his head with these silly thoughts.
__________________
I think Cricket should be played in shorts and not trousers
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 6, 2012, 11:11 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,556

Puran fokir vat pay na notun fokirer amdani?????
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 6, 2012, 11:55 AM
dark mage dark mage is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 22, 2009
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Puran fokir vat pay na notun fokirer amdani?????
lol Puran fokir like Enamul, sunny
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 8, 2012, 05:40 AM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

I salute you Mominul! I know u will be a great bowler!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 8, 2012, 05:43 AM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

I said many times his the best turner of the ball! I have never seen anyone turn the ball so consistently than him.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 8, 2012, 05:45 AM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

2 wickets so far, he will get many more for bangladesh now and future, i promise.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket