facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:00 PM
Krishna's Avatar
Krishna Krishna is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 10, 2015
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: ABD
Posts: 342
Default নিজের বোলারদের ধুয়ে দিলেন মুশফিক - Bowlers got heavy criticism from the test captain at press.

দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার বিপক্ষে পচেফস্ট্রুম টেস্ট যেভাবে বাংলাদেশ হেরেছে, তাতে ব্যাটসম্যান-বোলারের উভয়ের দায় দেখা যেতে পারে। মুশফিকও দেখছেন। তবে এই লজ্জার হারে ক্ষোভটা যেন বোলারদের ওপরই বেশি ঝাড়লেন বাংলাদেশ টেস্ট অধিনায়ক।

দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার প্রথাগত উইকেট দেখা যায়নি পচেফস্ট্রুম। টেস্ট শুরুর আগের দিন মুশফিক নিজেও জানিয়েছিলেন উইকেট অনেক শুকনো। সব জেনেও কেন টস জিতে ফিল্ডিং নিলেন? আজ ম্যাচ শেষে এ নিয়ে যে লম্বা উত্তর দিলেন, তাতে বোলারদের ওপর মুশফিকের অনাস্থাই ফুটে উঠল, ‘সবাই মিলে সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি। দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায় এমন উইকেট হবে অনুমান করা কঠিন। যতই ফ্ল্যাট উইকেট হোক, যদি সুবিধা নিতে চান, সেটা প্রথম দুই ঘণ্টায় নিতে হবে। বলতে পারেন না টস জিতে ব্যাটিং নিয়েই ৫০০ রান করতে পারতাম। ঠিকভাবে খেলতে পারলে তৃতীয় দিনে অনেক ভালো রান করতে পারতাম (প্রথম ইনিংসে)। হ্যাঁ, বলতে পারতাম, ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে ব্যাটিং (শুরুতেই) করতে পারতাম। তবে ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে আমাদের বোলাররা বোলিং করতে পারবে, এটা কখনোই বিশ্বাস করি না।’
নিজের বোলারদের দিকে সমালোচনার তির ছোড়া মুশফিকের নতুন নয়। তবে আজ রাখঢাক না রেখেই সতীর্থ বোলারদের রীতিমতো ধুয়ে দিলেন অধিনায়ক, ‘ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে আপনি উইকেট না পান, ঠিক জায়গায় বোলিং তো করতে পারেন। সে জন্যই তো জাতীয় দলে খেলছেন। কিন্তু আপনি এমন নয়। তাহলে আমিও তো ছয়টা বলের মধ্যে দুইটা লাইনে ফেলতে পারতাম। প্রথম ইনিংসে বোলাররা আমাকে অনেক হতাশ করেছে। এক সেশনে উইকেট না পান, রানটা আটকে রাখতে পারেন, যেটা দলকে কাজে দেয়। ৫০০-৫৫০ রানের বোঝা নিয়ে খেলা আর ৩০০-৪০০ রানের বিপক্ষে খেলা দুই রকম ব্যাপার..See more at -
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...শফিক
__________________
''Proud to be a Bangladeshi"

Go TIGERS GO...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:05 PM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 1,874

Should not have done that in front of media, he himself did a piss poor job as a captain.
__________________
Kiss....while your lips are still red
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:06 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 8,048

Just sack him please
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:08 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 16,984

I don't understand bangla, but saw the english part in the title.

Why he blaming the bowlers when he was the sole reason why they were flayed?
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:08 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 23,393

Well despite of poor decisions and defensibe captaincy I will say Mushy is right to be angry on our bowlers.
Can't take wickets, can't contain runs.
Pathetic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:24 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 6,924

He is right to complain. Beside Shakib (and maybe Miraz) the rest of the bowling unit is non existent. "Dhuye dilen" is such a poor description.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:31 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
He is right to complain. ....
Really? You win the toss, can't read the pitch, don't bat first and it is the bowlers fault?

Team scores below par in the first innings and it is the bowlers fault?

Team gets all out in 5th day for 90 runs. It is the bowlers fault?

+++

I think you are a SA supporter. Otherwise, why would you support this type of captain? He is the opponent's 12th man.

Taka na khaiye opponent're help koray. Volunteer helper for SA Cricket team. He should give them his bank account # to give him some reward like Hasina gives in wins.

I don't think he has any right to complain.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:44 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 6,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Really? You win the toss, can't read the pitch, don't bat first and it is the bowlers fault?

Team scores below par in the first innings and it is the bowlers fault?

Team gets all out in 5th day for 90 runs. It is the bowlers fault?

+++

I think you are a SA supporter. Otherwise, why would you support this type of captain? He is the opponent's 12th man.

Taka na khaiye opponent're help koray. Volunteer helper for SA Cricket team. He should give them his bank account # to give him some reward like Hasina gives in wins.

I don't think he has any right to complain.
calm down TE bhai. I may not agree with you but that doesn't mean I am SA supporter.

Mushy deserves criticisms and that is being discussed elsewhere. There are many reasons for this loss. But here we are talking about the severe incompetence of our seam bowlers.

I have not seen any improvement in our bowling attack for the last year or so. We can't take wickets. And we can't contain the runs. The absence of Shakib only highlighted the issue. None of them can keep a consistent line and length. You don't need to be intimidating with bouncers, Yorkers, and short balls. Just stick with the basic and bowl on the 4th/5th on a consistent basis.

As I said, I am not happy with Mushy's captaincy. But let's not forget the issue of these pathetic bowling unit by focusing only on Mushy's incompetence.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old October 2, 2017, 01:47 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
calm down TE bhai. ..
Kothai paro na abar....

Safer supporter = Mufi.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 2, 2017, 01:56 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 6,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Kothai paro na abar....

Safer supporter = Mufi.
sure. if disagreeing with you makes me an SAF supporter then sure lets go with that. I was trying to have a respectful meaningful discussion but those days are gone in BC.

have a nice day!
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old October 2, 2017, 07:09 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,362

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
calm down TE bhai. I may not agree with you but that doesn't mean I am SA supporter.

Mushy deserves criticisms and that is being discussed elsewhere. There are many reasons for this loss. But here we are talking about the severe incompetence of our seam bowlers.

I have not seen any improvement in our bowling attack for the last year or so. We can't take wickets. And we can't contain the runs. The absence of Shakib only highlighted the issue. None of them can keep a consistent line and length. You don't need to be intimidating with bouncers, Yorkers, and short balls. Just stick with the basic and bowl on the 4th/5th on a consistent basis.

As I said, I am not happy with Mushy's captaincy. But let's not forget the issue of these pathetic bowling unit by focusing only on Mushy's incompetence.
On a flat pitch bowlers need every help they can get, what mushfiq is saying is basically we could have batted first, but bowlers should have despite of my incompetence

'So what I chose to bowl first on a flat deck like a retard

So what I didn't give any close on fielders

So what I didn't give any tactical advice

So what I didn't give the new ball to the seamers

They should have bowled better'

That's is effectively what he said

Whilst maybe it is true, it's pathetic of the highest order
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old October 2, 2017, 02:02 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz
Posts: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

I think you are a SA supporter. Otherwise, why would you support this type of captain? He is the opponent's 12th man.

Taka na khaiye opponent're help koray. Volunteer helper for SA Cricket team. He should give them his bank account # to give him some reward like Hasina gives in wins.

I don't think he has any right to complain.
He's not the 12th man, he is the SA's Man of the match.

Pathetic captaincy on the field and even more pathetic captaincy off the field.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:38 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

This is nothing new for Rahim. While good captains like Mashrafee absorb the pressure and protect his young guns from press, a captain like Rahim can only can duck and deflect pressure and throw his young guns under the road in press.

Press is not about talking the truth (of your version), its more on leadership and diplomacy and keep the team united against external pressure.

I am not surprised at all. We have seen this type of behavior from Rahim so many times in the past, there is no reason to be surprised at all. Again he proved that he has very little leadership quality and how he crumble under pressure and abundant his team to save his sorry as$.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 2, 2017, 02:17 PM
6alltheway 6alltheway is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 29, 2005
Posts: 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
This is nothing new for Rahim. While good captains like Mashrafee absorb the pressure and protect his young guns from press, a captain like Rahim can only can duck and deflect pressure and throw his young guns under the road in press.

Press is not about talking the truth (of your version), its more on leadership and diplomacy and keep the team united against external pressure.

I am not surprised at all. We have seen this type of behavior from Rahim so many times in the past, there is no reason to be surprised at all. Again he proved that he has very little leadership quality and how he crumble under pressure and abundant his team to save his sorry as$.
Spot on.

I think mahmadullah should be next captain
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:35 PM
Krishna's Avatar
Krishna Krishna is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 10, 2015
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: ABD
Posts: 342

' হ্যাঁ, বলতে পারতাম, ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে ব্যাটিং (শুরুতেই) করতে পারতাম। তবে ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে আমাদের বোলাররা বোলিং করতে পারবে, এটা কখনোই বিশ্বাস করি না।’'

Translation- 'Yes you can say we could have bat first. But I never believe our bowlers can bowl (well) in flat pitches'

WTF he's trying to say here?!

Mushy according to your very own logic why you would you bowl first then!! This doesn't make any sense Any captain who thought his bowlers are incapable to bowl in flat tracks won't bowl first on a flat pitch!!

This is not even a 'excuse'..

I don't understand this guys logic.

Anyone explain
__________________
''Proud to be a Bangladeshi"

Go TIGERS GO...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old October 2, 2017, 12:38 PM
Out_You_Go's Avatar
Out_You_Go Out_You_Go is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 3, 2011
Location: Earth!
Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib
Posts: 556

Effing idiot. If Papon is seeing this, he better kicks this clown's a$$ out of captaincy immediately after this series.
__________________
Believe in Allah & have faith in your abilities - success then is a consequence..not an incident.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old October 2, 2017, 01:00 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

The official norm is captain select the final 11 team. Are those our best FBs who deserved ahead of the other FBs? Should he take the blame for selecting the wrong bowlers?

All SA experts said its a dead pitch and Rahim was expecting miracle from our FBs in 1st innings? Should he be man enough to take the responsibility?


Again the team was with 3 FB and one all rounder category spinner. if our FB are that bad, (And captain should know that in advance), why the heck Taizul ( the specialized spinner) was not taken? Sakib was not there, and he should know that Riyad is no longer your 5th bowler. Will he ever take any responsibilities?

Have he seen how some of his batsman get out? Yes some of them were against very good bowling, but then some of them were very silly.... and those silly mistakes were done by his relatively experienced batsmans. How come he didn't have any to say that in the media? Why pick the young guns and not pick his buddies for criticism.

He is a midget allright, but he is not your innocent little guy... he is clickbuzz..dhanda baaz... will do and say anything to save his and his inlaws as$ at the cost of anything.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old October 2, 2017, 01:28 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 18,955

This has been the scenario for an illegitimate period of time. You ruin your chances by making poor decisions. Then you fail to capitalize on pressure situations. By the end of first days play you embrace the inevitable while fantasizing and daydreaming about miracle. Then in the name of giving 200% you cannot even make a fifty in most favorable batting condition.

Next steps finger pointing.

Every time he will speak about something what is called BHAG in managerial terms. But, there is no objective scrutiny or learning from past mistakes. You set up your mission and follow the script by knowing that you will fail eventually.

This minnow mentality, the fear of achieving the best (as Zeeshan wrote in one of his post), the inability to groom and replace a proper taller wicket-keeper batsman with the diminutive captain just because of the whole BCB management top to bottom along with players were going through some mental handicap has cost us a lot.

This pessimism, losing before trying needs to go.

If you have a Big Hairy Audacious Goal, you better be proactive. You appraise it and make it a challenge. Stretch it and use measurement, deploy a mini intelligence team on the field and quantify your options in every little window of opportunity. Improve team building. I think we lack hugely in this.
__________________
Humility is a strength, show it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old October 2, 2017, 01:45 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 6,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The official norm is captain select the final 11 team. Are those our best FBs who deserved ahead of the other FBs? Should he take the blame for selecting the wrong bowlers?
No. It is the think tank which is comprised of captain/coach/senior players that makes the decisions on toss and final XI. Mushy has no leverage over Haturi.

It is an extremely poor strategy form captain, coach, management, and all the senior players involved.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old October 2, 2017, 03:42 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
No. It is the think tank which is comprised of captain/coach/senior players that makes the decisions on toss and final XI. Mushy has no leverage over Haturi.

It is an extremely poor strategy form captain, coach, management, and all the senior players involved.
How come mashrafee has more say in team selection than rahim? Is it a matter of he want that title at any cost? Or he is too afraid to speak up infront of haturu. Either way he is the problem, not doing his job what he is supposed to do.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old October 2, 2017, 04:02 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz
Posts: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
How come mashrafee has more say in team selection than rahim? Is it a matter of he want that title at any cost? Or he is too afraid to speak up infront of haturu. Either way he is the problem, not doing his job what he is supposed to do.
So either BCB and Hatura treats the captains differently (unlikely). Or Mushy pretends to have no say to deflect criticism like a little b*tch (highly likely).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old October 2, 2017, 04:23 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 6,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
How come mashrafee has more say in team selection than rahim? Is it a matter of he want that title at any cost? Or he is too afraid to speak up infront of haturu. Either way he is the problem, not doing his job what he is supposed to do.
Because Mashrafi is more authoritative and posses the leadership skills. he can rally the team and the other 10 people will follow him no matter what. we all know Mushy doesn't command the same respect and authority over the team. I do believe it is the right time for leadership change. But even if we remove him, will this problem of pathetic bowling unit go away?

Mash will not the lead test team. Let's say we get Shakib/Tamim as captain. But the problem will still linger. To win test (esp in non Asian conditions) we need sharp and accurate seamers and the starting pacers or the bench doesn't inspire much confidence.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old October 2, 2017, 07:53 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Because Mashrafi is more authoritative and posses the leadership skills. he can rally the team and the other 10 people will follow him no matter what. we all know Mushy doesn't command the same respect and authority over the team. I do believe it is the right time for leadership change. But even if we remove him, will this problem of pathetic bowling unit go away?
So you agree Musfiq lacks the leadership quality that a decent captain needs.


Now will removing Musfiq solved all the problem? No, but it will be a big step to the right direction. When a bad captain leads a good team of players, eventually the team disintegrate. How you address it? First change the captain. And that's what we need to do as a first step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Mash will not the lead test team. Let's say we get Shakib/Tamim as captain. But the problem will still linger.
I kind of disagree. At present Sakib or Tamim will do a good job for now. Their problem is elsewhere, not leadership quality or intelligence that both these quality Rahim lacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
To win test (esp in non Asian conditions) we need sharp and accurate seamers and the starting pacers or the bench doesn't inspire much confidence.
We have what we have. And the captain should know what we have and how to use it wisely. In fist innings Rahim win the toss and elected to field with the assumption that it will help the FBs during the 1st session. Then he let his FBs bowl 4 overs (with Taskin yet to bowl) and suddenly brought Miraj in the 5th over. And you still think its Haturu Daa or FB's fault? Shouldn't he stick with his own plan a little bit longer?

Also if our bowling is the weak link, then how come we chose 1 batsman more and one bowler short in the the team when we already know that a) Mustafiz is still recovering from injury, b) Two fragile bowler in Taskin and Saiful and no specialized spinner; only with young spinner (Miraj) still learning and trying to be our 2nd spinner. What was the logic behind further weakening your weak link by selection one less bowler?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"

Last edited by Fazal; October 2, 2017 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old October 2, 2017, 01:49 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 11,019

Not totally invalid criticism, we also been saying bowlers lost their even basic discipline since Walsh became the coach. However, he is not owning up to his own mistakes and putting the whole blame on others - that's just another example of his horrible leadership skills.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old October 2, 2017, 02:17 PM
Eclipse's Avatar
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 15, 2013
Posts: 1,758

Glad to see that mushy has finally become a man. Way to go mushy. Make ur country proud
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket