facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 3, 2018, 09:36 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Default Professor Zafar Iqbal stabbed

Another attack on our free thinkers. Prof Zafar Iqbal is somebody i idiolized growing up as a kid. His science fiction stories is what got me into science fiction books. Feeling absolutely horrible by this news. Hoping for his swift recovery.
http://www.thedailystar.net/country/...Sylhet-1542913
Old March 3, 2018, 09:43 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Very sad news indeed. With all those lunatics stabbing bloggers and writers, wonder where we are going as a nation. Glad that police caught the attacker.
Old March 3, 2018, 09:57 AM

We have already lost Humayun Ahmed to cancer and now an attack on one of the few brilliant minds left from that era. He gave up his job in Caltech to come and teach in BD in the 90s. He is a true patriot and a national treasure. As i have said before.. feeling absolutely gutted
Old March 3, 2018, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Loved his books. Still have them on my bookshelf here on California. AMAZING covers that'd I'd always look forward to during Ekushe Boi mela. GENIUS. This is so really sad. I am praying for his speedy recovery.
__
Probably a bit insensitive, but I chuckled at the "absolutely gutted" line. Hey it's not as if I planned it. Go ahead, call me a monster.
Old March 3, 2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
__
Probably a bit insensitive, but I chuckled at the "absolutely gutted" line. Hey it's not as if I planned it. Go ahead, call me a monster.
Not the time or place for this kind of tone deaf jokes
Old March 3, 2018, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

This is horrible. Such a dangerous place BD has become. He can't even walk around in the safety of a college campus. So terrible. Who would want to live in a country like that??

And these f*** journalist needs to stop with these publishing pic or trying to get the pics...

They are trying to let them have optimal trauma treatment?. wtf is this??

There shouldn't be a single non essential person allowed anywhere near his vicinity....

things that ppl get away with in Bangladesh.. Boils me from up here.
Old March 3, 2018, 10:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Just clicked on the link. Stabbed on the head. Wow.
Old March 3, 2018, 10:22 AM

He is being sent to Dhaka. That is not a good sign.
Old March 3, 2018, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Hopefully he is ok and nothing major. But this is symbolic and has so much fail for the country from so many aspects.... and the worse of it all is - hardly anything is gonna change.
Old March 3, 2018, 10:35 AM

They should fly him to singapore. Police need to break some bones and find out the planners behind this attack.
Old March 3, 2018, 10:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

May the Lord heal Dr. Zafar Iqbal quickly, 100% and reduce his pain during this healing of his wound.

May the people of Bangladesh and the law enforcement official totally fraakk that attacker frakking fraak - up royally! You little uneducated, hateful, scumbag of a disgrace...hope you burn in kerosene along with your coward, shameless, savage partners on this earth and hereafter!
Old March 3, 2018, 12:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I pray he recovers soon and well inshaAllah.
I have avtually started reading his " bhoot shomogro" from last month.
What a brilliant human being.
Old March 3, 2018, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Absolutely terrible. Has there been any explanation for this attack or is it just another assault on mukti mona. I mean I think we can all guess why, just look at the attacker, looks like the kind of idiot that's never learned to read and desperate for some purpose.
Old March 3, 2018, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

From the articles seems like he will be ok . A lot of photo op sessions going on there by the medical staff . They look ridiculous . Hopefully they got authors permission before its release.

ppl would be losing their job for these kinds things in many countries .

I hope the outrage continues to grow regardless of how minor his injuries may be . This guy was getting constant death threats by some really messed up ppl . That in itself is a sign that the country u faught to liberate is going down shithole....
Old March 3, 2018, 12:11 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

http://www.dhakatribune.com/banglade...haka-stabbing/

https://m.bdnews24.com/bn/detail/bangladesh/1466646
Old March 3, 2018, 11:32 PM

Dailystar says:
"Foyzur told the Rab that he launched the attack as he considered Prof Iqbal an enemy of Islam, Ali Haydar Mohammad Azad, commanding officer of Rab-9 in Sylhet told reporters at a briefing yesterday.

The suspect claimed he was working alone but Rab was not buying it, the CO said, adding they were investigating if he was involved with any radical group."
Old March 4, 2018, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The suspect claimed he was working alone but Rab was not buying it, the CO said, adding they were investigating if he was involved with any radical group."
While proper investigation and intelligence gathering goes on... I just want to add I hate RAB and I don't like comments when people blindfully or reactionally support some of their practices ie "cross fires", 'disappearance' - it's a thug group and their actions shouldn't always be blindfully lauded. Every time i read something about them - it always contains some sort of gross human rights violations.

I kept wanting to write about these predictable moves and reaction but it would drive me insane and will drag the discussion else where.

I think after he was transferred to the military hospital - a good level of professionalism finally have reached that should have happened from the start...

anyways hope for his speedy recovery and hope for a grass root level change and not just facebook hero activism.
Old March 4, 2018, 05:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Lunatic who carried the attack needs to be hanged. So others see and get to know, why not to carry attacks of any kind just because you don’t agree to something of a person.
Old March 4, 2018, 07:38 AM

What Nuhash Humayun said on this

"It happens to everyone. You’re going about your day when you get a call/text- someone you know is not doing well and you rush to the hospital to see them.

Usually it’s heart disease or a stroke or something...but no, not here. Not today. Someone in my family was attacked.

The media is livecasting his rush to emergency, parading the attack like some Hollywood action movie, my newsfeed is already riddled with memes, intellectuals and thoughts & prayers.

Look, I just want the people around me to feel safe in this country but that doesn’t seem to be a reality.

For me, this isn’t politics or ethics or ideals. This is family. And I’ll tell you this, my family is incredibly strong and unbelievably resilient.
And no matter what comes its way, even through pain or violence or death- my family will continue to change the world.

You can count on it."
Old March 4, 2018, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What Nuhash Humayun said on this

"It happens to everyone. You’re going about your day when you get a call/text- someone you know is not doing well and you rush to the hospital to see them.

Usually it’s heart disease or a stroke or something...but no, not here. Not today. Someone in my family was attacked.

The media is livecasting his rush to emergency, parading the attack like some Hollywood action movie, my newsfeed is already riddled with memes, intellectuals and thoughts & prayers.

Look, I just want the people around me to feel safe in this country but that doesn’t seem to be a reality.

For me, this isn’t politics or ethics or ideals. This is family. And I’ll tell you this, my family is incredibly strong and unbelievably resilient.
And no matter what comes its way, even through pain or violence or death- my family will continue to change the world.

You can count on it."
This has a very deep meaning, shows the situation currently in Bangladesh. I am glad I was not raised there.

This such a amazing response, thanks for sharing it
Old March 4, 2018, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

The perpetrator needs to be castrated on live TV.

BD is a secularist nation with secular values. These bearded Mullahs love to portray a distorted view of Islam.
Old March 4, 2018, 09:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

I have had the misfortune to go through the comments section of the bdnews24 articles (via FB), and based on that I can safely state that our country has been radicalized beyond repair. There are more people celebrating this news, calling him everything from atheist pig to praying for his demise.

Anyways, I really do not care if i hurt anyones feeling or sentiment but fact is , religion has been and will continue to be the greatest obstacle in the development of our society and country.
Old March 4, 2018, 11:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

It is very saddening to read about this. I wholeheartedly hope that Professor Iqbal recovers and recuperates from his wounds.

No human being should ever inflict harm on a fellow human being. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this. It is basic ethos. We treat people the way we expect them to treat us. We may disagree with ideas, but that doesn't mean we have to do bodily harm to that person. We are better than this. We, as the human race, the most advanced ever in the history of our race...resorts to act like animals.

Galileo was persecuted because he stated that the Earth was NOT the center of the universe. The Church finally accepted this in 1992, almost 300 years after he was condemned.

We can coexist...but our minds have to be free; and clean of any filth. What do u gain from harming a fellow human being?

The world is watching.

Once again, I wish Professor Iqbal speedy recovery...

One Love.

And peace
Old March 6, 2018, 10:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Link to news Report

As I said, our society has been radicalized beyond repair.
Old March 6, 2018, 11:46 PM

There are 170 million people in the country. Calling the situation beyond repair while the vast majority of people have codemned the attack is an exaggeration