facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: which series should RUBEL HOSSAIN play
Bangladesh in West Indies, Jul - Aug2009 36 64.29%
Bangladesh Under19 in England Jul 2009 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 3, 2009, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
For "limited" the short term gain and shear personal pleasure you want to risk the long term. Soon you will call bankruptcy. Been there, done that. AKA Mashrafe, Talha and loads of them.

If you are a test nation then act like one. As a test nation fan, support grooming the real prospects till they are ready. With or without him WI test series has already been decided. Four days and under. If not come back and give me a earful. I'll take my beatings.
Absolutely Right.:-)

Old June 3, 2009, 10:49 PM
Cricket Sage

some of you guys seriously need to take a chill pill..i understand everybody is very excited about this pace..so am i..but i think he need to nurtured properly..look at dollar..all that hype and then gone.. he's only 19..he is not going any where... let's prepare him first before just throwing him out there..
Old June 3, 2009, 10:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

well, i voted for yes. i think he is ready
Old June 8, 2009, 11:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Default what you say now after his performance at the t20 wc

so now.

Innings by innings list of rubel hossain so far... ....

Overs----Mdns----Runs----Wkts-----Econ--------Opposition, Ground &Date
--5.3-------0--------33--------4-------6.00------ODI v Sri Lanka at Dhaka (SBNS), 14 Jan 2009
--9.0-------2--------52--------0-------5.77------ODI v Sri Lanka at Dhaka (SBNS), 16 Jan 2009
--8.0-------1--------20--------1-------2.50------ODI v Zimbabwe at Dhaka (SBNS), 19 Jan 2009
--8.0-------2--------29--------2-------3.62------ODI v Zimbabwe at Dhaka (SBNS), 21 Jan 2009
--3.0-------0--------17--------1-------5.66------ODI v Zimbabwe at Dhaka (SBNS), 23 Jan 2009
--4.0-------0--------49--------1------12.25------T20I v India at Nottingham, 6 Jun 2009
--3.2-------0--------31--------0-------9.30-------T20I v Ireland at Nottingham, 8 Jun 2009

so now do ypou think he is ready enough for WI tour with national team.

i said before and still think no. he still needs a lot to learn and need a lot fine tuning. he needs to play more games in a lower level.

SO I THINK THE U19 TOUR AT ENGLAND WILL BE PERFECT FOR HIM AT THIS MOMENT.
Old June 9, 2009, 12:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

let him play in the Under 19
our selectors have a habit of ruining young talents
Old June 9, 2009, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Where ever he plays, we need cricket brain to use a particular player. Rubel Hossain is someone whom We can use in many ways. But Can we..............?
Old June 9, 2009, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

The U19 team is perfect for him to improve his somewhat erratic bowling, he has to learn to control his line and length, and learn te art of bowling perfect yorkers like Malinga.
He must improve before playing in test matches.
Old June 9, 2009, 06:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

I believe the malinga of ours should play first in the english conditions at an under 19 level. If you havent relised English conditions often favour seam bowlers and should inshallah help Rubel develop. Playing against a west indies batting attack is not worth it, as he will lose confidence from getting hit for runs at even a test match. Allow him to play at his own pace and age and inshallah in next few years time when hes shown he is ready bring him back on in the international circuit.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
I believe the malinga of ours should play first in the english conditions at an under 19 level. If you havent relised English conditions often favour seam bowlers and should inshallah help Rubel develop. Playing against a west indies batting attack is not worth it, as he will lose confidence from getting hit for runs at even a test match. Allow him to play at his own pace and age and inshallah in next few years time when hes shown he is ready bring him back on in the international circuit.
I agree, he still have long way to go. He has enough time left to play for national team. May be ODI and T20 and test.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
The U19 team is perfect for him to improve his somewhat erratic bowling, he has to learn to control his line and length, and learn te art of bowling perfect yorkers like Malinga.
He must improve before playing in test matches.
ditto. I blamed on him for the loss against SL earlier this year and yesterday's loss against the Irish.
Old June 10, 2009, 06:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I agree, the English conditions will suit him better, and the WI are hard hitters, if they find that he is bowling loosely, they will hit him mercilessly and he will lose confidence. he is still fairly young and has to learn to use his head. He still is not capable of doing this.
Old June 12, 2009, 03:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I agree, the English conditions will suit him better, and the WI are hard hitters, if they find that he is bowling loosely, they will hit him mercilessly and he will lose confidence. he is still fairly young and has to learn to use his head. He still is not capable of doing this.
and while learning how to use his head we can risk matches of national team go out of hands.

so play him in the u-19 team.

but my question is DO OUR SELECTORS WILL USE THEIR HEAD ?????

Last edited by al-Sagar; June 12, 2009 at 03:57 AM..
Old June 12, 2009, 04:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

He should play all matches, ODIs , tests everything in WI. It'll help his confidence.
Old June 12, 2009, 04:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
He should play all matches, ODIs , tests everything in WI. It'll help his confidence.
Bingo. I'm hoping that he'll pick up valuable tips from Andy Roberts and fellow high slinger Fidel Edwards while he's there. Better make sure that a translator shadows him.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 16, 2009, 09:29 AM
Banned

Teach the guy how to bowl first and then maybe he can be in the test squad. I mean his bowling has good pace but his bowling isn't disciplined enough. If u guys noticed him bowling slot the balls drift to the leg side just like shahadat hossains bowling. International level batsmne will tear his bowling apart. He hasn't faced quality batsmen yet in the international level except the t20 which don't count. Test cricket will give the batsmen time to figure. Out his weqknes and then hit him for fours. He should stick to improving his bowling in the odis for now.
Old June 16, 2009, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default can't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Bingo. I'm hoping that he'll pick up valuable tips from Andy Roberts and fellow high slinger Fidel Edwards while he's there. Better make sure that a translator shadows him.
he is and will remain a good student (as per Champaka). we need to persist with him and let him implement the lessons he picks up 4m g8s of yesteryear.
the result will come as a logical consequence.
Old June 16, 2009, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

This is slightly off topic . But after our match against the west indies, it appears to me we dont have a tour for a while. Why not suggest getting one against England. I think in today's cricket West indies and England are just above us in terms of ability as they both teams that are developing in particularly West indies from their 'golden era'. It's these kind of matches we have to perform to beat the likes of Sri lanka, New zealand, South Africa. Why not by any means inform BCB about arranging a tour against them,

I dont care Home or Away!
Old June 16, 2009, 12:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
This is slightly off topic . But after our match against the west indies, it appears to me we dont have a tour for a while. Why not suggest getting one against England. I think in today's cricket West indies and England are just above us in terms of ability as they both teams that are developing in particularly West indies from their 'golden era'. It's these kind of matches we have to perform to beat the likes of Sri lanka, New zealand, South Africa. Why not by any means inform BCB about arranging a tour against them,

I dont care Home or Away!
we are playing agaisnt the Zimbabweans in Zimbabwe in late august...i think(should be great cricket!)
Old June 16, 2009, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
we are playing agaisnt the Zimbabweans in Zimbabwe in late august...i think(should be great cricket!)
im not making fun of the Zims, but it would be better practise for BD team if they try to play agianst higher teams.
Old January 8, 2010, 07:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Selectors were as nadan as so many members. I wish if we could see who are the 36. I would like to know what is their take now.
Old January 8, 2010, 07:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Confusing poll. Rubel was 19 years 5 months old when the poll was posted, how in the world he was still eligible for under 19 team?! Even if BCB could field him in those matches, what's the point in letting him take a slot in the U-19 knowing very well he won't be eligible for next U-19 WC?!
Old January 8, 2010, 09:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

He was eligible for the English tour. That itself would give him some experience in playing foreign conditions but not under the scrutiny of the Intl stage. The learning curve is steep for any teenagers. Not every one is as gifted as Aamer who has a brain.

Now not only we will throw him away within few series, we have very nicely destroyed another prospect who could have been our ticket to becoming an elite team.

He has no control over his balls. he needs lost of hours in the net and domestic games. Legside loppa, shortball may go unpunished in the local leagues but he will get slaughtered in Intl stage. Was he so much better than Alam, Sajidul? I don't think so. I have also seen Shubashish. He also has the same flaws. These boys need to stay in the local league and grow up first.