facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 1, 2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
CWAB's response -

সংগঠনের সভাপতি নাঈমুর রহমান বলেছেন, ‘আমরা আশাবাদী ছিলাম আলোচনা হবে। কিন্তু তারা তো বসতেই চাইল না, ক্রিকেটাররা এতে মর্মাহত। বোর্ডের যদি আর্থিক সংকট থেকে থাকে সেটা আমাদের জানালেই হতো। সে ক্ষেত্রে ক্রিকেটাররা কম টাকা নিয়েই খেলত।’ বিসিবি সভাপতি কোয়াবের স্বীকৃতি নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তোলায় বিস্মিত তিনি, ‘খেলোয়াড়দের সংগঠন খেলোয়াড়দের হয়ে কথা বলতে পারবে না, ওনার মতো জ্ঞানী লোকের কাছে এমন বক্তব্য আশা করিনি। বিসিবির গঠনতন্ত্রে কোয়াবের অবস্থান স্পষ্টভাবে উল্লেখ করা আছে। আজ (গতকাল) যে সুহাসকে (শফিউল ইসলাম) জাতীয় দলে ডাকা হলো, সে কাদের আবিষ্কার? কোয়াবের পিংকসিটি ট্যালেন্ট সার্চ থেকেই বেরিয়ে এসেছিল এই পেসার।’ নাঈমুর জানিয়েছেন, দু-এক দিনের মধ্যে সভা করে তাঁরা তাঁদের পরবর্তী কার্যক্রম ঠিক করবেন।

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2...-01/news/31705
Very sad response from BCB boss.

Old January 1, 2010, 08:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Today I am only devastated....saddest of all, I don't or never did expect anything better than this from BCB....that's how low my expectation is out of them, that much confidence (or lack of) and value I put in them!!!
Old January 1, 2010, 08:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

On a different note, does anybody think the mediocrity of performance and lower quality of NCL matches forced BCB to cut short the tourney and push for neutral venues?
Old January 1, 2010, 08:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
On a different note, does anybody think the mediocrity of performance and lower quality of NCL matches forced BCB to cut short the tourney and push for neutral venues?
In that case BCB will have to arrange a new longer version tournament or will have to do something as only 21 longer version matches in a year is never ever acceptable

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 1, 2010, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

When the NCL players used to be fixed by local Cricket authorities - their own bhaignas used to get call up before the real local talents. Currently the right players are allocated by BCB that's why the real players can play, earn and talk about something called CWAB. BCB has now decided to go back to the previous method and it would be interesting to see how the players treat their own mistake -'forgetting the past so easily".
Old January 1, 2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
CWAB's response -

সংগঠনের সভাপতি নাঈমুর রহমান বলেছেন, ‘আমরা আশাবাদী ছিলাম আলোচনা হবে। কিন্তু তারা তো বসতেই চাইল না, ক্রিকেটাররা এতে মর্মাহত। বোর্ডের যদি আর্থিক সংকট থেকে থাকে সেটা আমাদের জানালেই হতো। সে ক্ষেত্রে ক্রিকেটাররা কম টাকা নিয়েই খেলত।’ বিসিবি সভাপতি কোয়াবের স্বীকৃতি নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তোলায় বিস্মিত তিনি, ‘খেলোয়াড়দের সংগঠন খেলোয়াড়দের হয়ে কথা বলতে পারবে না, ওনার মতো জ্ঞানী লোকের কাছে এমন বক্তব্য আশা করিনি। বিসিবির গঠনতন্ত্রে কোয়াবের অবস্থান স্পষ্টভাবে উল্লেখ করা আছে। আজ (গতকাল) যে সুহাসকে (শফিউল ইসলাম) জাতীয় দলে ডাকা হলো, সে কাদের আবিষ্কার? কোয়াবের পিংকসিটি ট্যালেন্ট সার্চ থেকেই বেরিয়ে এসেছিল এই পেসার।’ নাঈমুর জানিয়েছেন, দু-এক দিনের মধ্যে সভা করে তাঁরা তাঁদের পরবর্তী কার্যক্রম ঠিক করবেন।

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2...-01/news/31705

from the begininng i was against pay rise, specially that much hike is unacceptable.

but i think kwab is a right organization and it formed in a democratic way. there should be discussion board.

definitely we need a foreign CEO, otherwise our own people will find 1000 ways to corrupt our cricket.
Old January 2, 2010, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I feel that the remuneration should be the same as is being paid to SL domestic players. They have a far superior domestic tournament than BD, an d their standard of cricket and organization is much better.
Old January 2, 2010, 03:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I feel that the remuneration should be the same as is being paid to SL domestic players. They have a far superior domestic tournament than BD, an d their standard of cricket and organization is much better.
Exactly my thought as well Zain apa!
Old January 6, 2010, 08:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Hey bhais, what's the latest news on this?
Old January 6, 2010, 08:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
they are asking for less than a FOURTH of what a domestic Indian players gets. they current receive less than 1/12 of what an indian domestic players gets. I don't see how it is ridiculous. a cricketer's career extends up to 40 years at most and for that he has to sacrifice all other possible career opportunities. unless you pay them well you would get players who either
a) don't depend on cricket for livelihood. that would be less than 1% of bangladeshi families ? too small a basket to choose from to get a decent talent pool.
b) people who play cricket but don't give it their 100% attention because it isn't enough for their livelihood. even if you do get a bunch of good players, expect to see them forget the national team and play for the IPL and all other IPL clone tourneys that are coming up all over the world ! good luck beating a G8 team with that, let alone winning a WC !

the situation is clear, pay them chicken feed and cheer for a chicken-sh!t national cricket team for the next two decades !

what we need to know is what % of annual revenue BCB spends to pay the players. only that can tell us if they are doing enough.
Neel bro, BCB is run by a bunch of scumbags!!
Old January 10, 2010, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hey bhais, what's the latest news on this?
As per prothom Alo players have decided to get back from their stance as the financial condition of board is poor.Matches will be started shortly but some players who attended in the mutiny are in fear of discard from the tournament.
This is hopeless only 5 or 6 FC matches per year for a player? I never ever can except it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition