facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2010, 11:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
No I didnt, I pointed out he knows cricket rules.

And the title does not 'clearly' says he need a lecture on cricket rules, not as it seems to me.
The title says Was It Tendu who decided bad light"

And post concludes as "Classic example of an influential player deciding for the umpires".

He clearly indicates that it was an act of bias. He clearly has no idea that it is as per the rules of the game. He definitely needs a lecture on the rules.

Old January 17, 2010, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It's normal - the light is offered to the batsmen and is totally up to them to take/decline. I would have taken it if I were 213/8.
Old January 17, 2010, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

The point is , umpire bowden didnt bring the light meter out, Tendu asked for it. The second thing is, the batsmen started to walk even before the umpires checked and offered them light. Check the highlights if you have doubt. Bowden was walking when he checked the lights as well. The stature of Tendu shouldnt effect the decisions anyway but it does. Guys, who are saying he is the epitome of sportsmanship, try to understand what I am saying, Tendu is my favorite batsman as well.

Sakib should have demanded to know the reading of the light meter and whats the threshold. Stretching the hand for camera means nothing.
Old January 17, 2010, 10:04 PM

Raakho tomader chapabazi & golabazi. Aar koto bujhe-o [the original post] na bujhar bhaan korba? No where he said that yesterday's light matter was out of book, rather his point was ... 'batsman started to walk before light has been checked by umpire and been offered', means he was questioning the manner of the process of that decision been made. Anyway I think we both made it enough clear what we are talking about, now lets move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
I don't see how. like I said, if he knew the regulations this thread won't have been opened. but raakho ei torko bitorko. onek hoise.
He clearly indicates the manner of the process [of that decision making] looked biased, bad light is a matter to be 'offered' from umpire, not a batsman asks & walks before the light has been 'checked' and 'offered'. Whether you agree with his observation [manner of the process] or not is one thing, but looking down the people saying 'read the book "before going gaga"' is other thing.

Hope we have enough on this conveniently twisting talking, now lets just move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
The title says Was It Tendu who decided bad light"

And post concludes as "Classic example of an influential player deciding for the umpires".

He clearly indicates that it was an act of bias. He clearly has no idea that it is as per the rules of the game. He definitely needs a lecture on the rules.
Old January 17, 2010, 10:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
The point is , umpire bowden didnt bring the light meter out, Tendu asked for it.
The batsman is suppose to ask for it. he is the one facing the ball not the umpire.

Quote:
The stature of Tendu shouldnt effect the decisions anyway but it does.
what you are implying in your first post is that it was bad sportsmanship from Sachin, that is one quality that you will not find in him, his record speaks for itself.

Quote:
Sakib should have demanded to know the reading of the light meter and whats the threshold. Stretching the hand for camera means nothing.
what do you think the umpires pretended to look at the meter and said ok lets call it a day? you want him to call out the umpire, and then people will say bad sportsman ship from sakib.
Old January 18, 2010, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
The batsman is suppose to ask for it. he is the one facing the ball not the umpire.

what you are implying in your first post is that it was bad sportsmanship from Sachin, that is one quality that you will not find in him, his record speaks for itself.

what do you think the umpires pretended to look at the meter and said ok lets call it a day? you want him to call out the umpire, and then people will say bad sportsman ship from sakib.
the batsman is not "supposed to" ask for it, the batsman "may" ask for it.

the umpires shouldnt care , what records stand for. infact thats the point i am getting at. a tendu and a raqibul should be treated the same way by the umpires.

its not a bad sportsmanship from sakib to ask for light meter readings. We have to stand our grounds and let our voice heard clear.
Old January 18, 2010, 04:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
the batsman is not "supposed to" ask for it, the batsman "may" ask for it.

the umpires shouldnt care , what records stand for. infact thats the point i am getting at. a tendu and a raqibul should be treated the same way by the umpires.

its not a bad sportsmanship from sakib to ask for light meter readings. We have to stand our grounds and let our voice heard clear.
When a batsman asks for light, the umpire has to check the light meter and give it to the batsman if the light meter says it's dark. As I sad before, it's not a matter of judgement where the umpire can be biased. It's a matter of rule. If the light meter says it's dark, the batsman has the right to walk off. The only role the umpire plays is to check the light meter and convey the results to the batsman and then convey the batsman's decision to the fielding captain.
Old January 18, 2010, 05:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

The batsman may ask for it means its upto them to ask for it..of course tendulkar will ask for it in that situation..can someone plz upload the footage you are talking about? If they start walking b4 the decision is made, that's just bad...but would Sachin actually do it?

Question is..why didn't WE ask for it today b4 Nafees got out? You could hardly see anything. It was almost as bad as last WC final....
Old January 18, 2010, 05:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

One other thing you should all be aware of is that if the light is offered and the batsmen refuse to take it, the umpires will not grant their wish next time unless the light is worse than whenthey got offered..so refusing on a LUX meter reading of 4, say, would mean next time the batsmen ask and its 4 or greater, the batsman will have to keep playing, unless its dangerous for the batsman (I think). I wonder if that is what happened with Bangladesh. You have to be really careful when you refuse the light to carry the momentum.
Old January 18, 2010, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
The batsman may ask for it means its upto them to ask for it..of course tendulkar will ask for it in that situation..can someone plz upload the footage you are talking about? If they start walking b4 the decision is made, that's just bad...but would Sachin actually do it?

Question is..why didn't WE ask for it today b4 Nafees got out? You could hardly see anything. It was almost as bad as last WC final....
read tiger eye bhais post in the match thread. tendu asked much before that.
Old January 18, 2010, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz

well you can check the replays, tendu or ishant has no right to start walking before the umpire says so. thats what i am getting at. Tendu will ofcourse ask for it as he miscued a pull an over before and lucky to survive.

the other thing is, we dont know the light meter reading, bowden did it almost reluctantly walking towards pavilion himself. Sakib should have asked what the reading is right then. We could have had two in two balls and the innings would be over just before the finish.