facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Default This is why

player like tamim should never play defensive. Shewgag , dhilshan and now tamim are never meant to play tuk tuk cricket, as soon he tried to block those deliveries from zaheer khan, he got himself edge . same thing happen in other innigs recently against indian,when he was totally defensive got himself out for cheap.
Old January 26, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumpro
player like tamim should never play defensive. Shewgag , dhilshan and now tamim are never meant to play tuk tuk cricket, as soon he tried to block those deliveries from zaheer khan, he got himself edge . same thing happen in other innigs recently against indian,when he was totally defensive got himself out for cheap.
he should play his natural game
Old January 26, 2010, 12:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

"Tuk Tuk cricket"..I liked that term.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 26, 2010, 12:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumpro
What would u like to see, 36 runs scored in one over??
Old January 26, 2010, 12:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
100 of 101 FTW!

Some of the Best Players in the History of Cricket were at there Best when playing Aggressive.

When the opposition places aggressive field settings, there is a much higher magrin of error when playing aggressive than defensive.

When your stuck on playing defenseive strokes with 3 Slips and a Gully, there is a much higher percentage of getting an edge to a fielder than trying to hit over the top of the slips, hitting throught the hugh offside gap, taking advatage of the 2 players on the onside or going over Midwicket vs spinners when there are fielders on the circle
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old January 26, 2010, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

It's not playing aggressive that I'm against, it's mindless hitting. If it's there to be hit, hit it; but don't try hit sixes, fours every other ball all the time. That's all.
Old January 26, 2010, 12:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
100 of 101 FTW!

Some of the Best Players in the History of Cricket were at there Best when playing Aggressive.
I didn't say i have a problem with him playing aggressively. but how did he survive for almost the entire without playing any defensive shot?? from the first post it seems like all the poster wants tamim to do is hit and hit. what's the point of test cricket than?? that's what i was going after.
Old January 26, 2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
tuk tuk cricket gives the bowler confidence to attack the batsmen, where positive cricket makes the captain to take the bowelrs off?(bhaji)
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
It's not playing aggressive that I'm against, it's mindless hitting. If it's there to be hit, hit it; but don't try hit sixes, fours every other ball all the time. That's all.
specially when its not a "four ball" in ashraful's language
Cricket Sage

In my opinion, there is nothing called natural game.
A person doesn't born with cricket playing capability and style. As he start playing and learning (self/coach/senior players) he develops certain skills that he feel more comfortable.

I say a player should be aware of his weakness and strength and play accordingly keeping in mind team's need. And he should work on his stuff to reduce his weakness thay way Tamim mentioned that he worked on sweeping and now play better against the spinners.

A player need to know how to judge a ball and what shot he need to play. A playe need to know the risk associated with certial shot/certain ball and take risk according to team's game plan and need. A player can be more agressive in style but still minimize the unnecessary risks. On ethe otehr hand a player can block 11 hittable balls and end up getting out in the 12th ball try to take a unnecessary risky shot or try to hit a unhittable ball.

The term, playing "natural game", is often used which I think is more meaning less "buzz word" than anything else.
Old January 26, 2010, 01:02 PM
Banned

and tamim should never come down the crease playing spin, he looks really ugly and he misses 99% of them.
Old January 26, 2010, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

usually when he is aggressive he still holds back a little...today he did not give a rats' ***....
Old January 26, 2010, 01:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Faltu thread, faltu chinta bhabna!!! Does Max bro no the meaning of the word "never"?

He got out not because of his defensive stroke. Because of his Brain freeze!!!

HE ADMITTED THAT HE AND ZUNAED COULD HAVE SURVIVED BY NOT OFFERING A SHOT. Read the forth paragraph. Jottoshob!!!
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...&editionID=920
Old January 26, 2010, 04:03 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
In my opinion, there is nothing called natural game.
A person doesn't born with cricket playing capability and style. As he start playing and learning (self/coach/senior players) he develops certain skills that he feel more comfortable.

I say a player should be aware of his weakness and strength and play accordingly keeping in mind team's need. And he should work on his stuff to reduce his weakness thay way Tamim mentioned that he worked on sweeping and now play better against the spinners.

A player need to know how to judge a ball and what shot he need to play. A playe need to know the risk associated with certial shot/certain ball and take risk according to team's game plan and need. A player can be more agressive in style but still minimize the unnecessary risks. On ethe otehr hand a player can block 11 hittable balls and end up getting out in the 12th ball try to take a unnecessary risky shot or try to hit a unhittable ball.

The term, playing "natural game", is often used which I think is more meaning less "buzz word" than anything else.
Why would it be a "meaningless buzz word"? It's analogous to those left brain highly logical person who wants to "humor" to be defined. Well you know what? Somethings in life can't be put within bounds of logical parameters. Same things like intuition, "feel" for the game, "natural" game etcetera. It's like trying to explain a blind person what 'color' is. Somethings in life you gotta experience directly by yourself. That's why when you go to the musuem you hear same things like "oh my 3 year old can draw that splash" who knows nothing about art.

Cricket is as much art as science. Most people mistakenly assume "natural" game means mindless, aggressive, slogging. NOT!

Rakib's natural game is sluggish paced innings.
Junaid's natural game in test can sometimes be 'Dravidian'.
Ash's natural game is aggressive, positive attitude/
So is Naeem's and of course Tamim.

I don't understand why is there such an anathema for this "natural" game part in BC. Again, not everything in life cannot be put in cut and dried so called 'logical' terms. And these top notch commentators from Gavaskar to Shashtri may actually know what they are talking about given they might perhaps have a scintilla of cricket IQ when they use the natural game term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
No. But we certainly inherit some personality traits from our parents that are reflected and directly translated in our everyday affairs. So eventhough there is no "cricket gene" there are some characteristics like shyness, or aggressiveness that are found in toddlers that can be associated with playing patterns.

However, I do agree 'natural' part needs to be nurtured but not truncated. Because natural game can be raw which needs finetuning.

Last edited by Zeeshan; January 26, 2010 at 04:08 PM..