facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old February 10, 2010, 07:22 AM
zainab zainab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib
Posts: 4,650

How can BD's test status be taken away, when the ICC is considering giving Ireland full member status. AS i have said before, they will have to look at WI and Pakistan before they point fingers at Bangladesh.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old February 10, 2010, 07:47 AM
Roni_uk's Avatar
Roni_uk Roni_uk is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka, London, Sydney
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Posts: 11,799

NZ should have come to Dhaka, if they really needed ome practises before their matches against the Aussies. Ken Rutherford would have then known who the real 'imposters' are!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old February 10, 2010, 09:30 AM
t697318 t697318 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 7, 2009
Posts: 106

look man, iddn't you hear what dissons said, our players have no pressure' we need the pressure, and yteah, i bet if NZ play at home with us now, we'll give them a run for their money, we certainly did that to india, then why not the kiwies? and anotyher thing, is it our fault that opnly once in a blue moon, we get to tour countries with such pitches [australia and new zealand] properly?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old February 10, 2010, 09:43 AM
sireza sireza is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 13, 2006
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
How can BD's test status be taken away, when the ICC is considering giving Ireland full member status. AS i have said before, they will have to look at WI and Pakistan before they point fingers at Bangladesh.
I fully agree with you, not only WI & Pakistan but India also due to their recent inning's defeat against SA at home.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old February 10, 2010, 11:44 AM
Beamer's Avatar
Beamer Beamer is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 15, 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Posts: 9,689

Only cricket breeds elitism among all major sports. You would not read columns in Paraguayan newspapers debating the 'imposter' kiwis playing against them in three months. You will not read Kenyan newspapers laughing at Finnish marathon runners in Olympics. Cricket, as much as we love it, is a colonial remnant, with all its ills permeating through every available pours. Its a mindset. In fifty years, all of us will thank India from breaking out of it and showing the way to China, USA etc..
__________________
"City of Champions is better than Hockeytown" - Coach Dan Bylsma of the Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old February 10, 2010, 11:58 AM
Maximillian Maximillian is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 22, 2002
Posts: 76

Ken Rutherford has a test batting avg of 27. Not oly did he rot at that, his writing skills are no better. Gives a new low to NZ as the country that's below down under.

NZ has played test cricket for a glorious 80 or so years. I don't think you will find more than 6/7 players with a test avg over 40 after playing 20 or so tests. And most of them are from the past 20 years anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old February 10, 2010, 12:03 PM
Beamer's Avatar
Beamer Beamer is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 15, 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Posts: 9,689

At least Ian Smith isn't writing. He would have gladly added 'black imposters'..
__________________
"City of Champions is better than Hockeytown" - Coach Dan Bylsma of the Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old February 10, 2010, 12:08 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Well, what is embarrassing me this time is we are failing to give a decent fight against NZ, which was expected by the spectators. In the second match, there was a little hue and cry after Daniel Vettori choose to field first. The public wanted to see some fours and sixes, and we gifted them 15-3/10 in the first 10 overs. Still they were enthusiastically cheering our every boundaries.

PS. I am not saying that we should sacrifice our game plan to entertain the spectators, but if we score at a rate around 2 for the first 20-23 overs and lose six wickets in the way, the gallery people have every right to feel that they are not getting their money's worth.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old February 10, 2010, 01:10 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Posts: 1,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillian
Ken Rutherford has a test batting avg of 27. Not oly did he rot at that, his writing skills are no better.
As I was preparing to respond, first thing I did was look up his profile on cricinfo as usual and realized his profile says it all...so no reason for me to waste time...I don't remember reading another profile that had so many negative things to say about a cricketer...

A slim, balanced and attractive batsman, Ken Rutherford battled back from a dreadful start to his international career to become a regular in the New Zealand side. But there was always the feeling that he had not made the most of his considerable talent. In 1984-85, aged 19, he bagged a pair on debut and managed just 12 runs in seven innings, although it was against West Indies in their pomp and in the Caribbean. Thereafter he was frustratingly inconsistent. He scored three Test centuries, and in 1986 he smashed 317 at Scarborough Festival to show what he was all about - the innings included 199 between lunch and tea, his third hundred coming off 35 minutes off 33 balls. In between, however, there were more failures than there should have been. He captained New Zealand from 1992 to 1995, when he lost the job after a poor season. He captained Gauteng in South Africa, also had a spell as Ireland's coach, and rivalled Doug Walters as one of cricket's legendary punters.

Notice how there's only one knock of any real significance he can brag about and that too didn't happen in an international match. I've got two words for this guy...INFERIORITY COMPLEX
__________________
MOTIVATION - Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't (Avatar caption)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old February 10, 2010, 01:20 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Posts: 1,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Only cricket breeds elitism among all major sports. You would not read columns in Paraguayan newspapers debating the 'imposter' kiwis playing against them in three months. You will not read Kenyan newspapers laughing at Finnish marathon runners in Olympics. Cricket, as much as we love it, is a colonial remnant, with all its ills permeating through every available pours. Its a mindset. In fifty years, all of us will thank India from breaking out of it and showing the way to China, USA etc..
Unfortunate but very true
__________________
MOTIVATION - Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't (Avatar caption)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old February 10, 2010, 01:54 PM
Beamer's Avatar
Beamer Beamer is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 15, 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Posts: 9,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
As I was preparing to respond, first thing I did was look up his profile on cricinfo as usual and realized his profile says it all...so no reason for me to waste time...I don't remember reading another profile that had so many negative things to say about a cricketer...

A slim, balanced and attractive batsman, Ken Rutherford battled back from a dreadful start to his international career to become a regular in the New Zealand side. But there was always the feeling that he had not made the most of his considerable talent. In 1984-85, aged 19, he bagged a pair on debut and managed just 12 runs in seven innings, although it was against West Indies in their pomp and in the Caribbean. Thereafter he was frustratingly inconsistent. He scored three Test centuries, and in 1986 he smashed 317 at Scarborough Festival to show what he was all about - the innings included 199 between lunch and tea, his third hundred coming off 35 minutes off 33 balls. In between, however, there were more failures than there should have been. He captained New Zealand from 1992 to 1995, when he lost the job after a poor season. He captained Gauteng in South Africa, also had a spell as Ireland's coach, and rivalled Doug Walters as one of cricket's legendary punters.

Notice how there's only one knock of any real significance he can brag about and that too didn't happen in an international match. I've got two words for this guy...INFERIORITY COMPLEX
hmmm..swindler with the bat..
__________________
"City of Champions is better than Hockeytown" - Coach Dan Bylsma of the Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old February 10, 2010, 02:29 PM
FaHiMa's Avatar
FaHiMa FaHiMa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 28, 2007
Location: like.citytv-everywhere!
Favorite Player: YOURFACE
Posts: 3,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by t697318
look man, iddn't you hear what dissons said, our players have no pressure' we need the pressure, and yteah, i bet if NZ play at home with us now, we'll give them a run for their money, we certainly did that to india, then why not the kiwies? and anotyher thing, is it our fault that opnly once in a blue moon, we get to tour countries with such pitches [australia and new zealand] properly?
yeah ...why is is that bd players are relaxed most of the time??? the games are a competetion not practice...the only times we perform well are the times either when one batsman or bowler carries us thorugh or when the opposition says something offensive... there's no unity in the team ,no strive for better cricket. Is it maturity we lack? I dont know. But it sure is ticking me off.GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BD!
__________________
Go get `em TigerZ!
*War is organized murder, and nothing else*
-Harry Patch
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old February 10, 2010, 03:28 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

I know it’s hard to digest criticism from a quarter that had never helped Bangladesh cricket in any shape of form, like let’s say how Australia did earlier. But regardless of who the critic is, we need to acept the fact that Bangladesh showed no improvement in NZ since our test status was gained.
Some of us avid BD fans can see that there’s been marginal improvement made here and there but to be honest if we look hard we will see even most BD cricket fans who don’t follow cricket like us Banglacricket members, also have similar sentiment about Bangladesh’s progress within last 9-10 years. So we can bash the likes of Rutherfords’ for telling the truth but the fact remains.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old February 10, 2010, 05:54 PM
Equinox Equinox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Posts: 7,721

This idiot thinks we still depend on ICC funding. Our sponsorship and TV deals are probably worth more than NZ's. Lol Ireland now can't even beat Afghanistan. So keep pumping money into them.

New Zealand would struggle to win in Bangladesh at the moment...that is also a reality. We beat them in '08 after the mass defection of players and should have claimed the series in the second match but they won't be so lucky next time.

Last edited by Equinox; February 10, 2010 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old February 10, 2010, 05:56 PM
nzfan nzfan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 24, 2007
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
This idiot thinks we still depend on ICC funding. Our sponsorship and TV deals are probably worth more than NZ's. Lol Ireland now can't even beat Afghanistan. So keep pumping money into them.
pretty much and we still compete well
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old February 10, 2010, 06:03 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
This idiot thinks we still depend on ICC funding. Our sponsorship and TV deals are probably worth more than NZ's. Lol Ireland now can't even beat Afghanistan. So keep pumping money into them.

New Zealand would struggle to win in Bangladesh at the moment...that is also a reality. We beat them in '08 after the mass defection of players and should have claimed the series in the second match but they won't be that lucky next time.
That's a cheap shot man Just because NZ has less sponsorship (which is yet to be verified) doesn't make us a better team. Look at Indian cricket, they have all the money in the world but are not as strong as OZ or SA. Yes, they are currently #1 but that was always going to be short lived. So no point comapring the sponsorship and the money that BD cricket has which by the way is still no where it should be.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old February 10, 2010, 06:14 PM
Ashfaq's Avatar
Ashfaq Ashfaq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 7, 2008
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Posts: 2,371

Imagine Ashraful one day criticizing an upcoming cricketing nation as imposter.

This is exactly how this article should be taken.
__________________
Our deeds are for us and yours for you; peace be on to you. We do not desire the way of the ignorant
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old February 10, 2010, 06:19 PM
Ashfaq's Avatar
Ashfaq Ashfaq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 7, 2008
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Posts: 2,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
That's a cheap shot man Just because NZ has less sponsorship (which is yet to be verified) doesn't make us a better team. Look at Indian cricket, they have all the money in the world but are not as strong as OZ or SA. Yes, they are currently #1 but that was always going to be short lived. So no point comapring the sponsorship and the money that BD cricket has which by the way is still no where it should be.
That's the whole point isn't it, taking cheap shot at the author? What else could we be doing here?
__________________
Our deeds are for us and yours for you; peace be on to you. We do not desire the way of the ignorant
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old February 10, 2010, 06:30 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
Imagine Ashraful one day criticizing an upcoming cricketing nation as imposter.

This is exactly how this article should be taken.
But for Ash to do that, Bangladesh will have to be one of the G8s. Will we ever be there?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old February 10, 2010, 06:34 PM
Ashfaq's Avatar
Ashfaq Ashfaq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 7, 2008
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Posts: 2,371

Only Allah has the knowledge of the unknown.

I was just cracking a very realistic joke .
__________________
Our deeds are for us and yours for you; peace be on to you. We do not desire the way of the ignorant
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket