facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 10, 2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Out of his 7 innings, there are 1 century and 4 fifties. It says, he is watching the ball like his prime time. (He was a Mr fifty, so do not expect a a double century, it is all about the concentration.) He is a proven performer in test cricket. Getting him as a player and not as a captain is good for the team. Siddons and the management destroyed his confidence. I think, as long as Siddons is the coach, he is not getting back to the team, no matter how many runs he scores in the NCL.
Old February 10, 2010, 06:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

as said he has 1 century and 4 half centuries, farhad and jahurul have 3 centuries and 1 half century, we want guys who can play big innings. granted bashar has been a proven performer at test level in the past, and he's not doing badly in the NCL this season but with farhad and jahurul reeling off centuries every couple of matches it's a bit rough to pick guys like bashar (even if he has performed in the past) and faisal.
Old February 10, 2010, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Selectors and Sidddons ruined the career for Bashar and Rafiq and hence the ICL saga.
Old February 11, 2010, 06:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Atleast play him in the bcb match against england. If he scores, siddons must have a 2nd thought on him...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 11, 2010, 08:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Selectors and Sidddons ruined the career for Bashar and Rafiq and hence the ICL saga.
You are absolutely right. For Rafiq, I think it was more the selectors rather than Siddons. It was really stupid for selectors to ignore Rafiq at that time. For some reasons, selectors thought that Razzak was much better choice than Rafiq and they didn't feel the need for Rafiq anymore. Razzak is no way close to Rafiq. Bashar on the other hand lost spot due to poor performacne. But he was still better than all the players in Test. I am sure he can still do better than most of the XI players, but I suppuse he has come to that age, where muscle reflexes do not favor cricket players anymore. But I must agree that Selectors and Siddons have somewhat ruined their careers- at least, the last few years of their cricketing lives.
Old February 12, 2010, 02:46 AM
Club Cricketer

We need bashar in our test 11, given the present form of the middle order. I dont care who else scores in the ncl. Because I wanna know if bashar is inform, it doesnt matter who else is inform. Bashar is a man who proved his worth. The other guys, we dont know them,so no gurantees that they are capable enuf for test cricket. But with bashar there is a gurantee coz again, he proved many a times if he is capable of test cricket or not. And the talk about bashar's age & reflex &blablabla..these are all bullshit. Bashar is just 37. Gavaskar played well over 40, so did desmond haynes, so did viv richards, so did imran, boycott, haughton, clive loyd, i can go on and on and on! All of them played test well over 40. Bashar is a lot young in comparison to them. So Bashar is too old- this is a lame & foolish argument. Let the selectors pick him for the 15man squad for englandtour and we'll see how siddons deny him..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)