facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 9, 2010, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.
Default Huge UFOs orbiting the sun?

Article

^^^ The above video is by an alleged "Dr." Gurman, who has collected these pictures and does a good job of showing these "spheres." (Some of his stuff sounds a little ... odd, especially near the end when he talks about his past experiences with UFOs).

I am very skeptical about these things in general ... but I'd have to admit: this stuff is pretty damn mindboggling. NASA's silence on these photographs and a shoddy attempt at an explanation is making the situation even more mysterious.

According to some quantum physicists, these spheres are apparently emerging out of a wormhole close to the sun (allegedly supported by the theory of singularity).

Our very own BC pundits can shed some light on these, I hope.

Old February 9, 2010, 05:47 PM
Banned for 2 weeks

It's funny things like this show up and facebook decides to change it's layout. *eerie*
Old February 9, 2010, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

^^^
... can't see the connection, ZM.
Old February 9, 2010, 06:01 PM
Banned for 2 weeks

Try harder. It's funnier if you read it to yourself louder. ^
Old February 9, 2010, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

If you're being a wise-a$$, then its mildly funny. Like pictures of babies doing things grown-ups would do.
Old February 9, 2010, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Fake pics, Enough said.

reasons?? -

1. How can a regular scientist, whos not even working anywhere near NASA get pics of the sun regularly like that?

2. The quality of the video I think proves that he isnt a "serious" informer, if he was, he would have used the better platform to keep the cam.

3. Thats so close to the sun, that if it was made of somthing found inside any planet, it would have been melted away years before.

4. if you look at the tabs he has open, when he shows the adress bar, you can see that a page called "OMFG the city of riverside is g....". Which serious scientist would have a page open like that? I dont think any.

5. How come he never explains from where and how they got there? Anyone can create fake pics like that in there spare time.

Waste of BC space
Dont these so called "scientists" have better things to do like saving the planet from global warming rather than chasing the sun???
Old February 9, 2010, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

I'm no astrologer. Or, astronomer, astronaut..whatever it is. But could these be asteroids? or are they only found between the Saturn and the Jupiter?
Old February 9, 2010, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
I'm no astrologer. Or, astronomer, astronaut..whatever it is. But could these be asteroids? or are they only found between the Saturn and the Jupiter?
Thats exactly what they are if those pics are not fake.

The size and shapes makes me think of them as asteroids. Maybe an expert can contribute vastly.
Old February 9, 2010, 07:55 PM
Cricket Sage

This is probably the coolest video I ever saw.

Old February 9, 2010, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Fake pics, Enough said.

reasons?? -

1. How can a regular scientist, whos not even working anywhere near NASA get pics of the sun regularly like that?

2. The quality of the video I think proves that he isnt a "serious" informer, if he was, he would have used the better platform to keep the cam.

3. Thats so close to the sun, that if it was made of somthing found inside any planet, it would have been melted away years before.

4. if you look at the tabs he has open, when he shows the adress bar, you can see that a page called "OMFG the city of riverside is g....". Which serious scientist would have a page open like that? I dont think any.

5. How come he never explains from where and how they got there? Anyone can create fake pics like that in there spare time.

Waste of BC space
Dont these so called "scientists" have better things to do like saving the planet from global warming rather than chasing the sun???
1. Dr. Gurman actually does work for NASA.
2. So not using a tripod automatically means the maker of the video is not authentic? J.J. Abrams would take offense to that.
3. That's why many are saying the spheres are made of something that is beyond our solar system. The sun is not the hottest star; and if a civilization can create and operate wormholes, one would think they have also created materials that can withstand extreme heat.
4. I've actually wondered the same thing. Turns out, its actually a forum where many of these pictures were being discussed.
5. Simply, he doesn't know, and he is counting on (as he said in his video) NASA scientists who deal with such events to come up with a legitimate answer. Meanwhile, other quantum physicists are whipping up their own versions (mentioned in the article in the original post.)

And "BC Space" is infinite - like the deposits of fossil fuel (I hear).
Old February 9, 2010, 08:07 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Actually Electri, the explanation given by STEREO website is quite sufficient. Cosmic Rays are known create a lot of distortions are the main cause of image artifacts. Here is a link of the detail

http://www.stsci.edu/stsci/meetings/...ection3_5.html

If you also go to the STEREO webpage, it explains on how the first image that are transmitted through the "Beacon" which are highly compressed with much lower quality. The higher quality picture is transmitted much later. If you notice the youtube video, there is a "n7" which indicates that it is beacon data rather than the final high resolution picture.(http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/artifact...s_beacon.shtml) IF you take a look at the final resolution picture, you will notice that the so called spheres are not there anymore. ( http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/artifact...mic_rays.shtml)
Old February 9, 2010, 08:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Thats exactly what they are if those pics are not fake.

The size and shapes makes me think of them as asteroids. Maybe an expert can contribute vastly.
Asteroids cannot simply "float" around the sun as these spheres are. The pull of the sun is way too great for the asteroids to not get sucked in. These spheres have to be equipped with some sort of counterforce to keep them from colliding twith the sun. Also, if you look at time-lapse photos, the spheres shift position in a non-orbital trajectory.
Old February 9, 2010, 08:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Actually Electri, the explanation given by STEREO website is quite sufficient. Cosmic Rays are known create a lot of distortions are the main cause of image artifacts. Here is a link of the detail

http://www.stsci.edu/stsci/meetings/...ection3_5.html

If you also go to the STEREO webpage, it explains on how the first image that are transmitted through the "Beacon" which are highly compressed with much lower quality. The higher quality picture is transmitted much later. If you notice the youtube video, there is a "n7" which indicates that it is beacon data rather than the final high resolution picture.(http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/artifact...s_beacon.shtml) IF you take a look at the final resolution picture, you will notice that the so called spheres are not there anymore. ( http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/artifact...mic_rays.shtml)
Yes, that's very probable. Thanks for the links. In the article I posted, however, they claimed two astrophysicists used new imaging technologies to make sure these weren't artifacts - and turns out these spheres were still there. :/ I am still skeptical - but someone is not telling the truth here for sure.
Old February 9, 2010, 08:32 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Yes, that's very probable. Thanks for the links. In the article I posted, however, they claimed two astrophysicists used new imaging technologies to make sure these weren't artifacts - and turns out these spheres were still there. :/ I am still skeptical - but someone is not telling the truth here for sure.
Trust me you don't want to read the actual two article. I LOL'ed so hard when I actually read their reports on the so called "new Imaging technology". It's simply a guy with way too much time on his hands to already pixelate a low resolution picture beyond it's limit. He goes on to describe what the given dots actually are.

Here is the link to their reports, if you are still interested.

http://exopolitics.blogs.com/exopoli...r-sun-pdf.html

Seriously though, If these douches are astrophysicists, then I am Steven Hawking's baap. These guys deserve nothing more than a "jutaar Mala".
Old February 9, 2010, 09:50 PM
Banned for 2 weeks

I feel like even Asimov cannot come up with a superduper intelligent advanced civilization who is capable of creating a substance that can withstand the heat of the sun. To give a small analogy, you need as much coldness to negate the hotness of a substance hence you don't burn your finger if your thumb is cold and the kettle has been filled with boiling water. Of course, I am not a scientist, but even from a layperson's p.o.v. you'd need a lot of coolness to withstand that much of heat.

End of case.
Old February 9, 2010, 11:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Any discussion about UFO (read Unidentified Flying Object) reminds me of this video.

Old February 10, 2010, 12:42 AM
Banned for 2 weeks

^ meh big deal. it's nothing more than an academic snobbery of this guy taking advantage of the fact the one knows certain 'secrets' from his ivory tower minaret. = I kinda enjoyed some of his other videos, although he can be naive and toolish at times. But coming back to main point, so what if people doesn't abide by, by-the-book definition? i for one was referring to the term of the one of popular culture. and my argument of ufo (or now that my mistake has been corrected, rather UAP) - an alient spacecraft not having the sufficient technology still stands.
Old February 10, 2010, 01:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
^ meh big deal. it's nothing more than an academic snobbery of this guy taking advantage of the fact the one knows certain 'secrets' from his ivory tower minaret. = I kinda enjoyed some of his other videos, although he can be naive and toolish at times. But coming back to main point, so what if people doesn't abide by, by-the-book definition? i for one was referring to the term of the one of popular culture. and my argument of ufo (or now that my mistake has been corrected, rather UAP) - an alient spacecraft not having the sufficient technology still stands.
I wasn't referring to you but rather the whole discussion about UFO in general started by the OP. When discussing about an unidentified object one should try to stick to scientific observation as opposed to wild guesses, like Aliens (in this context "foreign intelligent being"), on the basis of speculation (where the video, but not the OP, was insinuating).

As pointed out by Neil DeGrasse, when it comes to science (specifically cosmology), human visual evidence is the least important evidence.

Personally, I think any contact with intelligent alien life form (within our solar system) is an extremely unlikely scenario. To understand why this is so, you have to really understand how big the universe is and the probability of living organisms, let alone intelligent living being.

As for Neil being snobbish. I have been told that people of low intellect tends to see people of higher intellects as snobbish. Obviously, I wouldn't know.
Old February 10, 2010, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

I'm bored of UFO stuff. haven't seen specific trace of em to believe. its more difficult than religion to believe these(no science in it). period
Old February 10, 2010, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I was listening right up till he said,'Ive seen six UFOs, one that landed in my garden'
Old February 10, 2010, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

That is an extra ordinary claim.

I read something a while ago that claims Moon having some ancient bases on the other side ( which is away from Earth ). It also mentions that the Appollo crew was followed in and around moon. Part of the reason for abandoning further moon exploration was linked to that.
Old February 10, 2010, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

ER and others: a rather useful rule of thumb to keep in mind when encountering claims like this is that when scientists have sufficient data to back up a hypothesis, they try to publish it in peer-reviewed journals. It serves as a form of insurance, guaranteeing that other scientists, upon examining their results, find their claims reasonable. However, when some scientists (alleged or otherwise) have crackpot notions which simply cannot be considered credible by other scientists, they try to "convince" the public directly by youtube videos, websites, press conferences and the like.

In other words, always look to see if extraordinary claims have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. If they haven't, treat such claims with extraordinary degrees of skepticism.
Old February 10, 2010, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ Ends the topic
Old February 11, 2010, 01:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
In other words, always look to see if extraordinary claims have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. If they haven't, treat such claims with extraordinary degrees of skepticism.
Carl Sagan in Cosmos, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
Old February 12, 2010, 01:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

shaad said it perfectly. Extraordinary claims are made quiet frequently about astronomical observations and I have hardly seen any such claims without direct/veiled references about alien civilization etc. UFO stands for unidentifiable flying object but it is twisted into something pseudo-scientific all the time.

There was one extraordinary claim from late-nineties which I remember was made thourgh a scientifically reviewed journal - the Antarctica rock from Mars containing alien bacteria-like fossil signature. There are still on-going discussions to determine the truth about it. That's a pretty good evidence of how rigorous scrutiny a good scientific evidence has to stand up to.

As for alien lifeforms, it is an almost certainty that they exist given all the discoveries of the past 2-3 decades. But it is also almost impossible for us to find any such lifeforms in the next century or two until a radical technology breakthrough is achieved. You just have to consider the length of our solar system (one of few million star systems in our galaxy) to realize that. That's my 2 cents to the topic. We will be extremely lucky if something do finally turn up in Mars, Titan or Europa.