facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old February 14, 2010, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

People need to CHILL the eff out. Go sip on a thanda RC cola.

Dhaka is a great city to many of us here because of the reasons Rabz mentioned.

Still, it has an exorbitant amount of problems that need to be addressed, starting with the very nature of its citizens.

If I recall correctly, ZeeshanM had a post from a while ago where he basically ripped on the hypocritical, two-faced nature of most Bangladeshis (too lazy to retrieve it - a little help, ZM?) Most of Dhaka's citizens complain about inactions by the government and other citizens that lead to the problems that plague the city - but when its time to do their own part, they shy away! (Don't try to change my opinion on this - I am sure there are some of you out there you don't fit this description - but from my experience this is overwhelmingly true! This includes members of my own extended families and friends and other relatives.)

"Parasite" was a good word, in my opinion, because that's what we are most of the time. We all want to take and take but give nothing in return. Bitch and whine at the government all you want - but ultimately, we'll see, that the people in the government are just like us - only that they hold more power.

So pay your fair taxes. Obey the traffic laws that you blame others of breaking. Don't dump your trash in the streets while complaining about the smell from other people's garbage. Don't pretend you aren't home when government officials come by to license your TVs etc. Do not have a lengthy debate about the evils of corruption, only to ghush your way out of a problem (while rationalizing that ei deshe ghush chara kichu hoina.) Do NOT be a hypocrite.

Citizens are the face of a city - not its lakes or buildings or gardens. Dhaka will change when we will change.
Old February 14, 2010, 01:40 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

@mona i think they are jealous because you got a custom user title and they don't. Hence all the maelstorm. Trust me. Been there done that. :P

@electrequiem, Not sure if it was me bro, but I will take the credit. Btw great post although I fear we might need our lockpicking tools handy...soon. :-]

Old February 14, 2010, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
@mona i think they are jealous because you got a custom user title and they don't. Hence all the maelstorm. Trust me. Been there done that. :P

@electrequiem, Not sure if it was me bro, but I will take the credit. Btw great post although I fear we might need our lockpicking tools handy...soon. :-]
That's another thing about Dhakaiyas - taking undue credits. :P
Old February 14, 2010, 01:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

At the moment this is the hottest thread running on BC Billboard chart #1 3 consecutive day in a row!! OI Today what happenned thread-e ashen ar okhane boshe ei thread-er moti/goti analysis, gossiping etc. kori! Ami 24 hours news update die jachchi bhais and apas! BK-CNN-NTV joutho uddoge!

I read the all the posts and came to this analysis, Mona apu, Romell Rana, Electriquiem bhai and zeeshan are communistas and revolutioneries!!

And on the other hands, Rabz bhai, HWG bhai and the few other bhais are Nababs family of Dhaka! Kajer-loker critisism dekhe mtha gorom howe gesen....hahahaahah!!

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 14, 2010 at 02:03 AM..
Old February 14, 2010, 02:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
BK bhai Bronx er naam tow list e dekhlam nah??
Arrey dada!
Kisher moddhe ki, Panta bhaate ghee!!!
Kothai Historic beautiful romantic Dhaka city aar kothai Bronx!!!
In Dhaka city apni thaken ek writer/Lekhok ar philosopher/Tanpura player's in between moddher floor-e....aaar Bronx-e, we live between 2 crack houses!!!
Dhaka-e protibeshir bashae gele chaa khawae, shingara, nonta buiscuit etc. khetye dei, aar ekhane protibeshir flater pashe die hete gele guli khay othoba jore kore crack khawaye dei!
Dhaka-e poronto dupur bela oli-golite neighbourhood-e shona jai Robindro Shangeeth cassette tape-e bajche....aar Bronx- shara deen shara raat shona jai , yo yo, B B. N N. bling bling bullet bullet zing zing and random drive by gun shots!
Dhaka-e shondhai olite golite shuke uthe agor-bati aar dhup-dhunar gondho....Aar Bronx-e day/night smoke and smell of crack and very old oil fried chicken smell!

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 14, 2010 at 02:19 AM..
Old February 14, 2010, 02:24 AM
Cricket Sage

I also seriously think one must watch a few times the natok called "Dhakae Thaki" in order to fully understand what the lekhoker Ontornihito boktobbo!! We must ask ourself what is Dhaka, this entity, where is the soul of this city! What does it mean to us, Dhaka as a human~
Old February 14, 2010, 02:31 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I also seriously think one must watch a few times the natok called "Dhakae Thaki" in order to fully understand what the lekhoker Ontornihito boktobbo!! We must ask ourself what is Dhaka, this entity, where is the soul of this city! What does it mean to us, Dhaka as a human~
bochada...guys like you should get Nobel Peace Prize and not politicians like Gore and Baraka.

Old February 14, 2010, 03:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Bakorkhani and Gorom Jilapi with morning tv on Holiday.
Old February 14, 2010, 04:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
ahhh.. Dhaka. That city reminds me of a circus. No, a zoo, where all the animals have been let loose. It's sick and needs help. It's infected with millions of parasites also known as the middle and upper classes.

জানি না কি মনে করে লিখলেন কিন্তু আপনার বক্তব্য অত্যন্ত আপত্তিকর। আপনি সামগ্রিকভাবে একটি বৃহৎ অংশের ব্যাপারে এইভাবে ঢালাও মন্তব্য করতে পারেন না। আপনার লেখা পড়ে অত্যন্ত দুঃখ পেলাম।

ভাঙ্গা-চোরা নোংরা যেই রকমের শহরই হোক অথবা নিম্ন-মধ্য-উচ্চ যেই সামাজিক শ্রেণীরই আমরা হয়ে থাকি না কেনো, আপনি এই রকম করে হেয় প্রতিপন্ন করে বক্তব্য দিতে পারেন না। এটি অশোভনীয়।

আপনি যদি বাংলাদেশী (অনাবাসী/২য় প্রজন্ম) না হন তাহলে বলতে হয় আপনি আমাদের গভীরভাবে মর্মাহত করেছেন। আর যদি আপনি বিদেশে জন্মগ্রহনকারী ২য় প্রজন্ম অথবা এই দেশে জন্ম বর্তমানে বিদেশে স্থায়ীভাবে অবস্থান করছেন হন, তাহলে দ্ব্যার্থহীণভাবে বলতে চাই আপনার জন্য আমার করুনাই হচ্ছে।
Old February 14, 2010, 04:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Bakorkhani and Gorom Jilapi with morning tv on Holiday.
Had lunch with my wife & few of my friends at Razzak Hotel (@North- south road/ Bangshal) - pohela falgun special lunch.....the murgi mosallam was too good. Never been to this Restaurant before. been there ek duniya bhai/ BK bhai??
Old February 14, 2010, 04:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Had lunch with my wife & few of my friends at Razzak Hotel (@North- south road/ Bangshal) - pohela falgun special lunch.....the murgi mosallam was too good. Never been to this Restaurant before. been there ek duniya bhai/ BK bhai??
I've been there many times. Famous restaurant. Their faluda is one the best of Dhaka. Also their Kacchi, classic.
Old February 14, 2010, 05:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
I've been there many times. Famous restaurant. Their faluda is one the best of Dhaka. Also their Kacchi, classic.
yah I heard about it before but never get a chance until yesterday
I had half faluda and few lokma kachchi too ...not bad not bad!!
Old February 14, 2010, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
[COLOR=black][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The survey is flawed because Lagos, Accra, Rangoon, Addis Ababa, Freetown are much worse than Our city planners, engineers are incompetent, greedy and corrupt protected by even more corrupt and greedier politicians, they do not care for this beautiful and historical city, they only care for their bank accounts and assets.
I guess if there is any one that fit's Mona's description of parasite, it would be the aforementioned people in your post.
Old February 14, 2010, 08:24 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu

জানি না কি মনে করে লিখলেন কিন্তু আপনার বক্তব্য অত্যন্ত আপত্তিকর। আপনি সামগ্রিকভাবে একটি বৃহৎ অংশের ব্যাপারে এইভাবে ঢালাও মন্তব্য করতে পারেন না। আপনার লেখা পড়ে অত্যন্ত দুঃখ পেলাম।

ভাঙ্গা-চোরা নোংরা যেই রকমের শহরই হোক অথবা নিম্ন-মধ্য-উচ্চ যেই সামাজিক শ্রেণীরই আমরা হয়ে থাকি না কেনো, আপনি এই রকম করে হেয় প্রতিপন্ন করে বক্তব্য দিতে পারেন না। এটি অশোভনীয়।

আপনি যদি বাংলাদেশী (অনাবাসী/২য় প্রজন্ম) না হন তাহলে বলতে হয় আপনি আমাদের গভীরভাবে মর্মাহত করেছেন। আর যদি আপনি বিদেশে জন্মগ্রহনকারী ২য় প্রজন্ম অথবা এই দেশে জন্ম বর্তমানে বিদেশে স্থায়ীভাবে অবস্থান করছেন হন, তাহলে দ্ব্যার্থহীণভাবে বলতে চাই আপনার জন্য আমার করুনাই হচ্ছে।
Auntu bhai, maaf koren. Apner post porte jeye amar korun obostha hoiye gesey. Ami bhai murokkho manush, jokhon 10 bocchor chillam amar khalatho bhai newspaper dekhaiye amake Bangla pora ta shikhaise. Pura 20 minute lagse apner post ta porte (2 bar) tarporeo onek kichu buji nai. Jaihok, bujte parlam je amar protthom lekha ta apnake iktu dukho diyeche. Ami already shobair theke maaf chaisi, ar ki kora jai ami jani na. Apne jodi bujte cheshta koren ami ki bolte chachillam tarpore hoito dekben je ami otho ta kharap jinish lekhte chai nai. Sorry Englishe lekhlam, ar amar banglar theke hoito bujte parben je ami.. ki bolchilen.. বিদেশে জন্মগ্রহনকারী ২য় প্রজন্ম ??
Old February 14, 2010, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Peace! Peace!! Peace!! bhaiara-Apura..Lets bring Peace! peace!

Happy Valentine's day....no torkatorki...no argument
Old February 14, 2010, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
Peace! Peace!! Peace!! bhaiara-Apura..Lets bring Peace! peace!

Happy Valentine's day....no torkatorki...no argument
Magic boy, peace is not a magic. Peace is very expensive, it is a process itself that needs well determined striving and innovation to get it, even it needs more foresightedness and hard work to retain it, otherwise it is very fragile or even does not exist in true sense.
Old February 14, 2010, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Emotional moment.
Old February 14, 2010, 10:35 AM
Banned

I think BC should lock this thread or remove the contents that many members have objected. I do not understand forum rules- in that, BC bans members who make offensive post to individuals, but Mona’s post was gross offensive post.

Having said that, Mona has sincerely apologised and showed remorse, so should be forgiven.

The thread should be locked because it makes poor and humiliating representation about us.
Old February 14, 2010, 10:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
Auntu bhai, maaf koren. Apner post porte jeye amar korun obostha hoiye gesey. Ami bhai murokkho manush, jokhon 10 bocchor chillam amar khalatho bhai newspaper dekhaiye amake Bangla pora ta shikhaise. Pura 20 minute lagse apner post ta porte (2 bar) tarporeo onek kichu buji nai. Jaihok, bujte parlam je amar protthom lekha ta apnake iktu dukho diyeche. Ami already shobair theke maaf chaisi, ar ki kora jai ami jani na. Apne jodi bujte cheshta koren ami ki bolte chachillam tarpore hoito dekben je ami otho ta kharap jinish lekhte chai nai. Sorry Englishe lekhlam, ar amar banglar theke hoito bujte parben je ami.. ki bolchilen.. বিদেশে জন্মগ্রহনকারী ২য় প্রজন্ম ??
Mona apu It's OK. I don't want to attack you personally. I just expressed what I thought. You've already apologized, it's alright. May be your point was logical or you had no intention to hurt others feelings but as you've seen the responses your message was not clear.

বিদেশে জন্মগ্রহনকারী ২য় প্রজন্মঃ Means born in foreign land 2nd generation NRB.
Old February 14, 2010, 11:27 AM
Cricket Sage

We all know Mona apu very well....she couldn't hurt a fly and she is extremely kind to all living beings and devoted to humanity, a big part of her sole entity is Bangladesh, we know these because we know her, we read het posts for a long time. She IS one of us....ektu bhool hoe gese re bhais kothar wording-er moddhe! Amader koto hoe jai everyday! Please bhais bones, there will be fight, because that's the beauty and joy of a family. Rabz dada, Auntu dada, Alien dada unara Chatro Union typer manoos, jhoro boktreta, jalamoiye Polton Moidan-er bhashon die obbhostho, tai bhool jaigai gie gorom teler moddhe panir chita poreche....areey dadas, apas, agami kalkei dekhben apnara shob abar ekshatje New Market-e ekshathe haattesen, shingara khacchen, golabaji kortesen, adda maartesen, ekshathe pocketmaar/chor pitaitesen, gaja/555 fookchen aar desh o doshke udhdhar korchen.

Shishura shob shomoy jhogra maramarir pore gie abar bhai-bon hoe jai!

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM..
Old February 14, 2010, 11:43 AM
Cricket Sage

I like to Dhaka city - Daaha Shohoor!

P.S. I am taking advantage of this situation and using this thread to increase my post counts....these are my genuine random thoughts and I can't help it but post it at once!
Old February 14, 2010, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Mona I didn't expect you to apologize. You are getting weak, must be valentines day syndrome. Doesn't this remind you of the "bangy" episode.

First of all you didn't say anything offensive, you gave us your opinion as to what is wrong with dhaka - majority of its residents are of middle class. And the actions of middle class has a big toll on this city. Majority of us here in Bangla cricket, with the exception of few are from a middle class family but only few took it personally as if you were talking about them. Does Rabz, Nocturnal and HWG own dhaka? or represents dhaka middle class shomittee? What is up there pacha I don't know to have an outcry like that. Just because they live in Bangladesh, they think they have more right to it than we do. A major part of Bangladesh's freaken economy is running on foreign remittence - money from hard woring people like us. So STFU all you dhakaites. We contribute more for the wellbeing of the city than you energy hogging, generator using, AC-maxing parasites that make the city unlivable. Yes it is YOU living in that city HOGGING the energy creating a crisis (just an example) and then you have the audacity to foul mouth us money providing hard bangalis on this forum. Shame on you!! I rather you say "thank you very much".

Mona is right and it's a shame that few of you forcing her to apologize. She criticized her own people for destroying the city she learned to love and hate. Because there is a problem - there is an energy and water crisis. There is sanitation problem. There are traffic problem. Responses like those "we are perfect, it's other ppl that causing the prob" will take us no where but to dustbin.

And you know there are a lot of parasites in this forum as well.. hogging the badwidth without providing any ad money. PPl that browse from bangladesh - whose value to google ads is in the negative dollars. They are bandwidth hoggers.... and provides nothing for foreign businesses.
Old February 14, 2010, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
.ektu bhool hoe gese re bhais kothar wording-er moddhe! !
No it was the perfect word. I am awed by her description capabilities ...bangy to parasites... and her ability to make all men go crazy. she is the perfect bangali woman.
Old February 14, 2010, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote: