facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2010, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, what to say when you trash some of the best products of Bangladesh cricket like that?! Not sure what's going on with Razzak, but Shahadat is still the best Test pacer Bangladesh ever produced.

Check his Test stats from 2003 to 2006 (excluding Zim matches), you will see the difference.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...s;type=batting.Let me try to explain it to you again - JO was the best opener Whatmore had (before Tamim came along shortly before WC'07). Despite his horrible techniques, JO still yielded better performances than what technically more capable openers like Imrul and Zunaed have yielded under Siddons so far.

Other top order batsmen Whatmore had to work with such as N Iqbal, Rajin, Hannan etc are nobody even in our domestic leagues now. Those guys simply did not have what it takes to survive in international arena.

I think Whatmore's biggest mistake was promoting SN to open, instead of sticking to his initial decision to keep him as the #4 in the Test team. But I guess that was partly because of desperation, and partly because of reputation SN gained as an opener against Australia in two Tests and then against minnows later.
Laughable assertion that JO was the best opener available. You admit his technical shortcomings, but Whatmore could not correct it, or not willing to work extra hard to correct it. That was his thing. He never developed or improved anybody. Siddons is actually working to correct and improve Imrul and Zunaid. Whether they pan out or not is pre-mature for you to attest, but Zunaid already has five test half-centuries and Imrul just hit a one day ton! The book is open on them. What they yield, will be decided in future.

And..about the trashing part of the best products!You should carefully listen to yourself before engaging with me. You trash the best product of Bangladesh that is Sakib at every opportunity. In fact, I wasn't trashing them, but you gleefully trash Sakib.

Old February 26, 2010, 07:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I think we will appreciate Siddons and his work long after he is gone. When the core of this team come in to their prime, we will all look back and see what he has done with them. To a man, they all attribute to their individual improvement to him. Those are not my words, but our players. I will take our players word .Unless and until the individuals come of age, team won't come of age either. Its the players who make the team and he is the only coach we have ever had that is in process of making players. He is serving as coach/mentor/developer.
Well summed up and I agree with you 100%, its a fact that we have improved under him. And what Siddons said, is supposed to be said before the series and not after, so far we have always had cannons firing at us but never from our end, its the rule of the battle to confuse your opponents, even if you dont have enough soldiers to man the fort, put helmets on the battlements, and fire your cannons, it will keep your enemies guessing

Last edited by dark mage; February 26, 2010 at 08:22 PM..
Old February 26, 2010, 07:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

How come no one crediting Chacha for our recent performance improvements?
Old February 26, 2010, 07:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamer
except, none of whatmore's core players are here at the present. He basically rode the generation of bashar, jo, pilot and rafiq. So, whatmore enjoyed mohsin kamal's work by that logic? . When it came to developing young players, whatmore was an utter failure of revolving door and most are gone from the picture. He had ash and aftab, the two premier talents at his disposal, and couldn't ( though not all his fault, a player must have own responsibility ) develop them. Nafis iqbal, rajin saleh, sahriar nafees to name a few, are all whatmore products. None are in the reckoning.

Tamim, sakib, mushy, riyad, naeem, zunaid, imrul - players being developed by siddons, though some cracked through during whatmore, but the real work is being done by siddons.
qft

Last edited by dark mage; February 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM..
Old February 26, 2010, 08:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
How come no one crediting Chacha for our recent performance improvements?
What did he do exactly?
Old February 26, 2010, 08:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
To add to my previous post, Siddons is actually jerking with almost every batsman in the team. Mahmudullah batted almost all the time at #5 or #6, he was stuck at #7 or #8 all this time in the national team, and suddenly he is now promoted to #4 - a position he has almost no experience with! On the other hand, Naeem and Mushfiq - two batsmen that have better previous experience batting at 1-4 positions are being ignored for the slot!
You are complaining about Siddons ruining Ash because he moved him from no.4 to no.3 ( something I was against ), yet if your selective memory allows, you will see Whatmore playing him at 4,5, opening him for a stretch, and even at no.8 in WC ( Yuvraj and co. were laughing at him when he came to bat ). I guess that won't be jerking, but dangling him with a rope upside down from a bridge.
Old February 26, 2010, 08:32 PM
Banned

I think the detractors of Siddons, those who have chosen not to rectify their view points, not to moderate there cricism by constantly picking on him, and for whatever the reason, are truly outnumbered in this forum.

I really see no value in engaging the likes of Ehsen. We are all better off reserving our hope, joy, and cricketing knowledge on the game played and actions that stand out during this series.

In my humble opinion, on this topic he just wants to pick tit-for-tat fights.

Sorry Ehsen, for being so blunt. You can surely reciprocate, and I am confident you will, and with considerable zest.

Or you can continue doing the great other things that many here recognize you for.
Old February 26, 2010, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Had there been no Watmore,there wouldnt have been no Siddons.Period. Give credit where it is due.
Old February 27, 2010, 06:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bura
its funny that people find positivism from Aftab's 15-20 some runs of 10 ball with 3 lives but not from couple of centuries and 5 fors in NZ's home condition. When was the last time someone from BD scored a century or took 5 fors or the team scored 400 runs in NZ? Had it in Whatmore's era we would have lost the test by an innings and 300 some runs. Even against mighty India we took 18 wickets!

I guess the coach should talk like Shewag. We don't have the capability to take 10 English wickets in ODIs...
We Bangladeshi have inferiority complex. We always been dead before we start. Being positive mean, we are capable of scoring century and taking five-for, hence taking on any team. What Sehwag did, was bullying us. That's not what Siddon or Sakib did.