facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 8, 2010, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

now seeing raqibul performing, the likes of tamim, shakib, mushfiq, riadh should realize if they play well and dont give their wicket away, bangladesh can avoid defeat against england.

by avoiding defeat u may draw or win. but plz, avoid defeat.

Old March 8, 2010, 09:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Yes, Try and finish HSC pass. Concentrate on studies.
"Concentrate on studies"...lol...Aftab and Ashraful they both took HSC Exam and I think both failed......their Examination appearance came to national media
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
একটা প্র্যাক্টিস ম্যাচে একটা সেঞ্চুরী...আর ভুরি ভুরি প্রশংসার বন্যা...হায়রে বাংলার দর্শক। এভাবেই বোধ হয় আমরা আমাদের প্লেয়ারদের মাথা নষ্ট করি!
Look at the other side of the coin.

With out performance, we are the same fans who sream

He has an excellent technique but was just unlucky.

His talent alone would be enough to fend off others.

Domestic matches are not a good gauge, so failure means nothing.
First Class Cricketer

Definitely Rock in 107 and 50* cant argue with that
Old March 8, 2010, 09:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla

ব্যাটিং অর্ডারের তিন আর চার নম্বর পজিশনে ইনফর্ম ব্যাটসম্যানের বড়ই আকাল!
জ়ুনায়েদ ঠিক মতো জ্বলছে না, আফতাবের অস্ফূট আস্ফালন টেস্ট ম্যাচে চলে না, আইসিএলের হয়ে গলাবাজী করে শাহরিয়ার নাফিস এখন এতই শরমিন্দা যে তার ব্যাটিং স্টাইলেই একটা লজ্জা লজ্জা ভাব আর আশরাফুল তো এখন মজা মারে ফজা ভাই মুডে আছে। এই অবস্থায় প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচে সিনা টানটান করে দাঁড়িয়ে একটা ফাইটিং ইনিংস, তা যতই ঝড়ে মরা বগ বা গোবরে পদ্মফুল হোক না কেন, লোডশেডিং-এর পর হঠাৎ আলোর ঝলকানিতে গনঊল্লাসের মতো পাবলিককে উল্লসিত করবেই। এমন একটা ইনিংস এখন আমাদের ক্রিকেটানুরাগী কোকো ভাই খেললেও পাবলিক তা নিয়ে লাফাতো!
More please!!!

And he is not done yet.
Old March 8, 2010, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Very happy for Raqibul. Hope he converts this to another 100 tomorrow.
Old March 8, 2010, 10:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

Rock is definitely in the squad...It was good to see him come back with runs against a formidable attack and opposition. Self confidence would boost. Now remain the slots of Zunaed and Ash....
Old March 8, 2010, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

impressive stuff from Rakib.
He is as solid as a Rock.
Even if he doesn't score in the 1st test,he shld be in the team for the 2nd aswell.
Old March 8, 2010, 02:51 PM
BC Editorial Team

@ATMR - if you saw how Naeem struggled against Peterson's part-time spin during the 3rd ODI, you'd not be so eager to promote him. No strike rotation at all!!!! Not talking about big-hits, just simple maneuver the ball into the gaps - and he was pathetic at it.
Old March 8, 2010, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
@ATMR - if you saw how Naeem struggled against Peterson's part-time spin during the 3rd ODI, you'd not be so eager to promote him. No strike rotation at all!!!! Not talking about big-hits, just simple maneuver the ball into the gaps - and he was pathetic at it.
You can ad MR Mahmudullah in your list .
We were in strong position Shakib was really on song he would have shown to Pieterson who is the boss
But BANGLA umper kill him and kill us

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 8, 2010, 03:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes, actua;lly it was Ryiad's batting that was more painful to watch, considering he came earlyer and stayed longer and killed any hope of a chase. That's when we started playing like we gave up and practicing for TEST.
Old March 8, 2010, 03:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

@Fazal - but aren't you a big fan of Riyadh in both ODI and Test team? You were also calling for his promotion up the order right? (too lazy to go and dig up all your posts)
Old March 8, 2010, 03:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
@Fazal - but aren't you a big fan of Riyadh in both ODI and Test team? You were also calling for his promotion up the order right? (too lazy to go and dig up all your posts)
Yes you are right. And Still I think he (along with Naeem, deserve a promotion in the batting order.

To be fair with Neem, In 3rd ODi Ryiad was more dispointing with batting than Naeem. But its just one game and sh$ts happens. Thats why based on just one bad performance, I am not going to change my mind about Riyad's or Naeem's batting capability.

Plus may be we are giving less credit to Peterson's bolwing just based on that he is a part time bowler.
Old March 8, 2010, 03:57 PM
BC Editorial Team

Fazal, Riyadh & Naeem were disappointing in the 2nd ODI as well when I felt they were too happy with a the middling total we had. The best explanation I've heard about Riyadh's looking woe-fully out of form through-out all 3 ODIs is the one offered by former Premier League playing friend. He asserts that Riyadh is more comfortably on flat or bouncy tracks where the ball comes to bat easily. The tri-series had flat wickets and New Zealand had bouncy ones - so he looked good in both. He's not a natural stroke-maker and plays with hard wrists (my observations). Hence on slower pitches, where one has to maneuver the ball or wait on it, he is ineffective (back to my friend).

Naeem on the other hand needs to decide what he wants to be. He had a 100 in the A tour to Ireland where everyone else struggled on the green tops - so clearly he has some skills. I just don't think they are ready for the Test side yet. As it is, with Aftab staying and Rok coming in, there's no place for him anyway in the Test side.
Old March 8, 2010, 03:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Yes you are right. And Still I think he (along with Naeem, deserve a promotion in the batting order.

To be fair with Neem, In 3rd ODi Ryiad was more dispointing with batting than Naeem. But its just one game and sh$ts happens. Thats why based on just one bad performance, I am not going to change my mind about Riyad's or Naeem's batting capability.

Plus may be we are giving less credit to Peterson's bolwing just based on that he is a part time bowler.
its the common problem with our batsmen..its not only mahmudullah, naeem, and rocky..pretty much all our batsmen struggle 2 rotate the strike which is the reason we struggle..they have that first gear where they can block and the 4th gear whether they can accelerate and hit boundaries but the middle gears where they have 2 hit those 1s and 2s..even ash, shakib and tamim also have that problem 2..we have 2 learn that we dont have 2 blast the balls 2 get good scores..playing with soft hands and picking the gaps for singles and then at the end going for boundaries are a much better strategy..hopefully with time we get better at this but in my opinion i think this is the main reason as we are not really improving our batting..if we improve on this, then i can see more improvements in the team..
Old March 8, 2010, 04:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

About Mahmudullah- Ask Shobha.

About Nayeem and Mushy - jar pola take jiggesh koren (ATMR)
Old March 8, 2010, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Riyad and Nayeem are better players than they have shown in these ODIs. I didn't watch the batting in the third ODI but have heard (and now been told in this thread) that both of these guys were painful to watch, but in general Riyad has been a decent rotator throughout his career and so has Nayeem.

It'll be interesting to see what Riyad does with his sluggish pitch woes and how Nayeem fares once/if they let him bat in the middle order for a while.
Old March 12, 2010, 01:11 AM
Cricket Savant

SORRY RAQIBUL. i take my congratz back.

u were not scoring those hundreds and fifties for coming back and performing for ur country. u were playing to make a come back then do this premeditated retirement thing. so u always had this in ur mind.

sorry.
Old March 12, 2010, 01:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Rakib was being really selfish, and i'm sure he'll regret his mistake in the near future, but I just wanted to point out one thing, see how our boys can get the job done if they are determined. Rakib was determined to score runs and he did, because that was his way of getting back at the selectors. Even though rakib is a really bad example to follow I wouldn't find if some of our guys take the same kind of determination he had.
Old March 12, 2010, 02:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Roc proved himself to be the greatest selfish player ever born in Bangladesh. Sorry mate. As you don't care about me (a normal fan), I don't care about you.
Old March 12, 2010, 02:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

this is end of rokibul's career i guess
Old March 12, 2010, 09:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I want to have my congrats back also.
What you've done was not good at all. And I'm not posting this whimsically. I took time to understand the situation and came to understand that you have cheated us. Yes, you have no right to play with our emotions and still not in a position to make us understand what really happen. Your silence is not helping us.

I only feel sorry for your 80+ years old father and your family, your sisters, your mother, your brother but I have no sympathy for you.
Old March 12, 2010, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

so we have been taught a very valuable lesson....don't open thread unless its an international century !!
Old March 12, 2010, 11:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
so we have been taught a very valuable lesson....don't open thread unless its an international century !!
and wait a week or two to see whether he continues playing or retires
Old March 12, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Roc proved himself to be the greatest selfish player ever born in Bangladesh. Sorry mate. As you don't care about me (a normal fan), I don't care about you.
Poor stuff young man

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)